Esteemed Contributor

I would think they are to feature and direct the conversation.  Some vendors are really good it it but the hosts are taught or trained know what, when and where to say things.  They also have an ear piece that is connected to a producer who gives them timing guidance as well as other information that we are not privy to.

Classrooms need teachers for guidance and direction.  No doubt students could sit by themselves with the learning materials but it would not be the same.  This comment is from a retired teacher. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm sure all the vendors/presenters are well versed and know the ins and outs of their products. They're paid to describe what they're selling and answer questions. 

Next time you watch a show, notice if a host is adding anything that the vendor couldn't do himself/herself. 

There are many threads about hosts that are the reason we're changing the channel or haven't watched at all. 

If there were no hosts, problem solved. 

@Shanus, I beg to differ.  The next round of "I can't stand ~ must turn channel would be because of the vendors and not the hosts.  Why should anyone go to such great lengths to please people when knowing full well it's virtually impossible to do?  

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@makena. I don't think most shows need a host. Maybe the all inclusive ones like a style show or Beauty We Love, but a SG show or IT or Josie is the same as an infomercial & the host seems to just add to the extra talking & info.

Super Contributor
I think it's a bad suggestion. Picky too. I think QVC would be lost without their hosts. Most of the hosts make the presentations interesting, more informative a job then the vendors can do alone, and more entertaining. If they ever got rid of the hosts, I think QVC would be extremely boring and most likely I wouldn't bother watching.
Honored Contributor

@makena. Most hosts, unless a variety type show, add to the confusion and overtaking. When it's a 1 vendor show like IT, SG or Josie, it's like an infomercial and I can't see hosts needed.

Respected Contributor

Re: WHY HAVE HOSTS AT ALL

[ Edited ]

@Candyapple wrote:
I think it's a bad suggestion. Picky too. I think QVC would be lost without their hosts. Most of the hosts make the presentations interesting, more informative a job then the vendors can do alone, and more entertaining. If they ever got rid of the hosts, I think QVC would be extremely boring and most likely I wouldn't bother watching.

Yeah, plus then who would posters like this have to complain about? 

They pick apart everything about them like it's a sport. It's pathetic.

Here's a suggestion....Shop online. You can read can't you?

Honored Contributor

@Bri36  ITA. Most of the time, the hosts are trying too hard to entertain and add nothing to the presentation.

Super Contributor
Not to mentioned that a lot of people would be out of jobs and how that can really hurt them and their families. Not very considerate
Super Contributor
@Melania.

I agree there's a lot of nitpicking.
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis  I agree. Many of us have not been thrilled w/ hosts or vendors and voiced that on forums. Elimating some hosts at least cuts Q's cost & some of the loud talking & irritating behavior.