Honored Contributor

She explained about a year ago, that the “buldges” at her lower jaw are muscles that were made bigger from clenching and grinding her teeth and jaw while asleep during her stressful times. Her doc injected Botox (inside her mouth) to relax those muscles. They eventually went down giving her face a more pleasing oval shape. 

Honored Contributor

I guess she must have needed a lift! 

I'm sure she had her reasons.  It's hard to tell.  I haven't walked a mile in her shoes.  Maybe if I had, I would know the answer.  We all have our reasons for what we do.

Valued Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@JobGirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Because she is (or was) never attractive and probably has issues about that. Surgery did not help.  She is desperate.

Well she doesn't seem to be as desperate as  some of of the housewives-Carol has found her new niche I guess.She is selling/promoting vibrators and toys on Evine after dark-they happened to rerun it at  7am today-(which I can't understand) but guess that her new gig now she's off the show and had her fall out with Bethany-

Real class act that Carol.....NOT

Even Rinna hasn't stooped that low....

What's wrong with adult toys? Someone's got to sell them. Have you ever seen Grace and Frankie? It's a "thing".

Theres nothng wrong with them -just don't see many NY socialites selling them on shopping channels -it seem like quite a drop from that pedestal-

I thought the circles she travels in had very different professions-

adult toy salesperson on Evine is kind of a low point for someone of her supposed stature

She always claimed to have such minded aspirations you'd think she'd have better offers.....

Honored Contributor

I think it makes her look old(er).  My daughter used to work for some well known plastic surgeons in the D.C. area.

She'd always talk about some of these women think they look so much better but........

Some tweaks here and there can do wonders.  But I think some women get surgery constantly.  On the outside we can see where it's THEIR way of handling the stress in their lives, but they can't see it.

Different but kinda similar.  Every time my youngest daughter gets in a funk she goes out immediately and gets her nails and pedicure, her eyebrows done.  But she also always gets her hair 'done'.  

Sometimes that entails an entirely new hairdo.  It's kinda funny because I never know what picture I'm going to get sent to me!  They aren't weird, just different.

I always say, "That's NOT the time to make changes".  But it's the way she handles stress.

Bethany (sp) has had some major stress in her life (read the magazines) in the past maybe even 4 years.

I really believe this is her way of dealing with it.

Valued Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@JobGirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Because she is (or was) never attractive and probably has issues about that. Surgery did not help.  She is desperate.

Well she doesn't seem to be as desperate as  some of of the housewives-Carol has found her new niche I guess.She is selling/promoting vibrators and toys on Evine after dark-they happened to rerun it at  7am today-(which I can't understand) but guess that her new gig now she's off the show and had her fall out with Bethany-

What's wrong with adult toys? Someone's got to sell them. Have you ever seen Grace and Frankie? It's a "thing".

And no I've never seen Grace & Frankie and I'm thinking I'm not missing much....

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

She explained about a year ago, that the “buldges” at her lower jaw are muscles that were made bigger from clenching and grinding her teeth and jaw while asleep during her stressful times. Her doc injected Botox (inside her mouth) to relax those muscles. They eventually went down giving her face a more pleasing oval shape. 

Agree!!

She has said this on more than one occasion!!

Trusted Contributor

She looks older @Annabellethecat66 because it's 8 years later for one but also because she's wearing a lot more makeup especially eye makeup and to me that really ages an older woman.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

I think eye makeup applied correctly (and not overdone) can look wonderful.

It's like anything, it just depends on how much and how it's applied.

There wasn't a date on the photo so I didn't know.  I do know I have seen the show within this year.  I used to watch every episode and I still think she looks older recently than she used to look, even 1 year ago.  Everyone ages, but you can see the stress on her face.

Respected Contributor

@JobGirl wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@JobGirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

And no I've never seen Grace & Frankie and I'm thinking I'm not missing much....

Oh, that's too bad. It's such a funny show about 2 women of a certain age. I'm a little younger than Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin, but there are so many relatable situations for women who are over 50! Sometimes our lives can really be a comedy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Agree!!

She has said this on more than one occasion!!

This is from an M.D.

Botox paralyzes muscles.  When it is injected into the jaw muscle (masseter), that muscle becomes weaker and smaller.  The final effect is very natural; it will look like the lower third of your face is smaller than previously.  The effects typically last about 6+ months.  

I don't think her explanation is exactly truthful. She may have had botox to relax the muscle from clenching but I think she has had fillers to fill out her jawline simply because she didn't like her jawline. That's what I think anyway. Not that it matters.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.