Respected Contributor

Re: WHY ALL THE NEW NICS????

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't like it when people choose to change their names (or are forced to because of new board issues) as I like to know exactly who I'm dealing with. When people keep changing their nic, it really isn't fair, as people have a history, and I feel when I respond I'm not getting the whole picture anymore. When people have posted and interacted under one name, then show up as something else, it is deceptive, as they and their opinions, past etc. aren't new here, but they want you to think they are.

i know you don't mean to assume that every one with a new nic is trying to be deceptive -sometimes it might not have been our choice... andI kind of like our new "kinder and gentler" board... and I am happy to be a part of it...

Honored Contributor

Glad I saw this post, I felt like a bunch of posters must have left. That's one thing I was missing, was being able to read posts from people I was used to. Now I only see a very few names that I knew from before. It would feel friendlier to know original names, and thanks to those who might do this.

Respected Contributor

I had to resign up in 09 after a minor update for some reason.  This time I didn't.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Occasional Contributor

Saw this post and figured this is a good time to jump in. I have been a member for years but never really posted. I would pop in and look around but never said much.

I would like to join in now though, so here I am. Look forward to talking with you all

Blue

Honored Contributor

Have not had to change mine, and wouldn't want to, but I can understand getting tired of a nic and just feeling like a change, or the QVC site requiring one due to a glitch.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

I am still here, mainly lurking.   I saw 3r's posting on AF forum under her bird nic.

Well, we all know she won't give up........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the laugh this morning, ShowMe ...  LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@brii wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@brii wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I wonder if the Happy Housewife is posting?  I haven't seen her in forever and thought she was posting under a different name.  But that poster swears it's not her.  I figured if she was banned, she would be back.  Hope all is well with her and her DH.

I really don't mind if someone changes their name, they're still the same poster they were before.  No need to inform me.

I feel like it's a full house around here now!

She's here.  She posted on this thread.  She is using numbers for her nic.  She has the purple flower avatar. 

I have no idea how some of you figure this out!!

She's an easy one!  LOL

I don't see a purple flower avatar except for @debic.

IDK how people figure this out.

Anyway, mine is still the same......I hope HH is back, though...

Honored Contributor

What's the saying?  What's old is new again.....

Respected Contributor

Hi all! I thought the numbers are HH and am happy she is here posting. I don't see a lot of new nics myself, but it's great to have everyone here!

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

..for old posters????  I used to feel as though I "knew" some of the posters but now I have no idea who most are or were.   Smiley Sad

Mine isn't "exactlty" new, but I am now a "new contributer", or was at first. When I signed on it said "symbols not accepted", or something similar. I live chatted 2 or 3 times and they said they "would look into it"!  Guess they are still looking.

hckynut(john)