Super Contributor

Re: WHO MAKES A GROCERY LIST.....

On 10/30/2014 Lynnj said: I need a list, even if it's 1-2 things, I run a chance of forgetting...and have, lol. A few years ago I started keeping my list on my phone. I just use a notes or reminders type app. They even have free apps that are just for lists...and specifically grocery lists that have built in grocery items you just touch and it adds to your list. Since moving to the running list on the phone process I have been doing really well with the routine. As I see things I need or run out of I add it to the list on the phone right then. When I get to the store I take my phone out and shop with it my hand, going down the list. As items go into the cart I check them off and they automatically remove from the list. So far so good with this phone list process.
Another thing I do with the phone list - if there is a coupon, then next to the item on my list I type -C. This reminds me of the coupon. Can't tell you how many times I have checked out and not even put the coupons down and Walked right out too the store not using them. Lol. Also, if I read the weekly add and am adding things to the list, next to the items that are store sales I might type how much off, or the % off or whatever. This reminds me to make sure I get the size that is on sale, or at least compare sale versus other sizes when there.
Super Contributor

Millie - that was exactly my thinking when I switched to the phone list process. In the beginning it does take training to get yourself to put things on the list in the phone. But once you get used to it, it comes natural. Even during the week as I run out of things, or think of things I want, out comes the phone and on the list it goes. Good luck.
Super Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Preds said:

I always make a list and it's always right by the coupons when I get back from the store. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Lol, preds.
Super Contributor

The list is in an app, I use Grocery Gadget. There are several different apps available. I enter things as soon as I know I need it. I work the list alphabetically then when I get to the store I can change the sort to aisles/departments. It came with many items, I deleted a bunch that I will never buy and added what I do buy, like vegan mayonnaise. It cost a few dollars but was well worth it. I will always have the list with me because I always have my phone with me.

Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Free2be said:

So . . . who writes their list in order of store layout. Hmmmm? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I do this, only now and then do I have to send my husband back to get what I forgot.

Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 kdgn said:
On 10/30/2014 Free2be said:

So . . . who writes their list in order of store layout. Hmmmm? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Me!!!!!!!!!!

That's why it bugs the daylights out of me when stores switch items around in their stores. I have my nifty little list showing that I start here and get this and when I arrive "here" to get "this", "this" is no longer "here" but it is "over there" a few aisles down.....

Doesn't it make you crazy tho when they do that!!? I hate that!!

Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Bluegrassbaby said:

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't...most of the time I just pick up the things I need when I'm out doing other errands.

On the other hand, if we're going to the Commissary on the Military Post, we always have a long list...it's a good 2 hour drive.

Wow, just the other day, I called the grocery store the "Commissary". I have no idea why that came out, guess a 20 yr old habit can resurface. My eyes just perked when I read that.

Honored Contributor

I always have a list going on my phone. I always carry my phone therefore I always will have my grocery list!

"Pure Michigan"