Honored Contributor

Re: WHO LOVES HALO ICE CREAM?

never heard of them. Schwan's is the best or Braums

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

The artificial sweetener in Net Zero gave me such bad gas pains, I thought I might be having an appendicitis.................     Maybe I'll try the Halo instead.

Do you mean Arctic zero, @Desertdi? If so, a brief scan of ingredients and I actually don't see any artificial sweeteners in the few ice creams I looked at. I wonder if you were reacting to the fiber products instead. Higher fiber or certain types of fiber can give some people  gas.

@HappyDaze     OOPS.......Yeah.....meant Arctic Zero.    Well, I have some left in the freezer.    I'll try a few spoonfuls again......and see what happens........................    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Halo seems to have all sorts of artifical stuff and the Artic zero does not

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I tried pistachio, strawberry and sea salt caramel.  While they are no Talenti gelato, they do taste like ice cream.  (my husband thought it was regular ice cream) Normally I'd prefer pistachio but there were very few nuts in it so the strawberry was my favorite. On the other hand, Arctic Zero was truly awful.

Respected Contributor

I tried it but it tasted like sweet frozen skim milk to me. Not even worth the few calories it has.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

BEN AND JERRYS,that is real ice cream.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

BEN AND JERRYS,that is real ice cream.

Ben and Jerry's makes an almond based non-dairy frozen dessert too, they have several flavors.  The Chunky Monkey and PB & Cookies are my favorites of the ones I tried.  I didn't care much for the Chocolate Brownie.

Esteemed Contributor

I wanted to try it but when I saw it at the store for $6.50 a pint I decided to pass. The checker told me she thought it would go on sale. 

Since then I did some reading about it and one of the reasons it's fewer calories (other than the sweetener and the non-fat milk) is the "fluff factor"--all the air that's whipped into it. 

A 1/2 cup serving of Ben and Jerry's is about 102 grams. A half cup serving of Halo is around 66 grams which means you get one-third less product per pint. 

Even so, the Birthday Cake is calling my name. If I see it for a better price I'd still like to try it, but I'm not goingto pay $6.50 for a pint...especially when 1/3 is air!

Respected Contributor

I eat Halo Top and have tried various flavors. I am on Weight Watchers and 1 cup of the lower calorie flavors is only 4 points. The higher calorie flavors are 6 Points. So yes, Halo Top has helped me stay on track. 

Honored Contributor

It's on sale here again this week for $3.99.  This morning I bought strawberry, lemon cake, pistachio and mint chip.  My husband is out of town this week.  I know what I'll be having for dinner.