Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHO Guidelines When to Wear Mask - Hmmm

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

The Chinese people wear masks all the time. I'm beggining to think they are the ones that know what we should do. This is not about the Chinese government I don't trust them one bit. Wear a mask until this virus is gone in your area to be safe. The fact that healthcare workers always wear masks says a lot. They're not worried about giving patients something they're worried about getting something. 

Actually, a lot of healthcare workers don't always wear masks. I've never seen my doctor or his nurse practitioner wear a mask.  Same thing for other doctors that I have visited for stress tests or even the few times I have been in the ER. None of those people wore masks.  Mostly, I think you'll see masks in the operating room to protect the sterile field, not to protect the operating staff.

Since covid has hit, I think most if not all health care workers are wearing masks in my area when they are at work.

There has been such a need for masks here, that some women in the community are actually making them for healthcare workers here. A nurse at the hospital found a couple of different patterns that these ladies are using that are suppose to be good. And the healthcare workers are happy to get them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in a hot spot state where a couple of our cities have more new covid cases every day than anywhere in the country.  

My sister was taken by ambulance to the hospital last week. The hospital allowed only 1 person in and it was me.  Everyone there wore masks and gloves.  I was thrilled to see them taking such good precautions.  I also wore a mask the whole time.  

Masks should be mandatory since the CDC and expert epidemiologists say up to 25% of people could be carriers and never have symptoms.   Masks don't protect the wearer a lot but they do help protect others from the virus if the wearer is a carrier.

Too many people think they are invincible and are too selfish to wear masks, let alone gloves. I wonder how they'll feel if a loved one gets covid and dies.  Some people aren't bright enough to take precautions until it's too late.

I won't go shopping right now.  Luckily, 2 grocery stores (different chains) offer free delivery to people over 60 or at risk.  I can get anything I really need online.

Valued Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Does anyone else not trust the CDC, WHO and the FDA anymore?

How does it make sense to only wear a mask if coughing or fever etc or caring for someone who is sick when so many are carrying the virus without symptoms!

So with these instructions, they do not need to wear a mask because they do not have symptoms?!

Sanjai Gupta said we should all act as if we have the virus.

More people are infected by those with no symptoms they have found.

Those were nice instructions about how to wear the mask though, but mostly common sense.

Ridiculous confusion and different opinions and advice. Sick of it because it has become so many political battles.

@Boomerdotty -

Not talking about you at all just get angry at all these stupid organizations that change their minds and I think to make themselves look good.

And yet I'm probably not making any sense either.

It's ok, I'll think of someone or something to blame it on!

I am beginning not to trust ANY one at all (in govt or medical field in terms of COVID-19 related stuff) b/c the info they put out 9x outta 10 contradicts one another!

I've decided that I will do what I think will keep ME & MY FAMILY safe. That's all I "can" do at this point. If I"m sick then I will take the proper precautions to not infect others, etc....but running around afraid to do anything at all that won't be me. America needs to open up ASAP!

~ Hope in TN ~
Super Contributor

This is ridiculous!  Have we turned into a communist country where we will just do what government tells us without any question?  If we are sick or elderly we need to stay home as long as we think we should but we should not make people feel guilty for getting back to work and keeping their jobs and the economy going!  This virus has been proven no more dangerous than a bad case of the flu.  Let's get real... it's time to get back to work!

Super Contributor

You are so lucky to live in a country where you are free to do whatever you want!  As long as you don't push it on other people I think that is perfectly fine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gkhm,

Ok, just stop right now.

You can't wish something to be true when it is not.

Results have shown that people are dying 20 times more with this virus than they had at the deadliest season of the flu!

Everything people with any sense have been doing is to protect themselves and those they love and others from this deadly nightmare of a virus, not for some misguided opinion that we are being forced.

This is all done to protect ourselves.

Do you watch any news at all?!

I don't think we've ever seen bodies piling up and being stored in huge trucks before with the flu. Did you have a relative in one of these trucks that you were not able to visit while they were dying?! 

If you don't want to protect yourself

or believe there is anything to protect, by all means do what you are going to do, and hope you never get it or infect someone else because you are denying anything is really dangerous about this.

I'm sure everyone wishes this were not happening and that we could go about like we used to, at our jobs, seeing our families, etc. so there is no need at all to divide people or say things that are meant to incite and divide! Or beliefs that are just plain ignorant! I'm really sick of these ridiculous opinions based on some distorted beliefs.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Gkhm,

Ok, just stop right now.

You can't wish something to be true when it is not.

Results have shown that people are dying 20 times more with this virus than they had at the deadliest season of the flu!

Everything people with any sense have been doing is to protect themselves and those they love and others from this deadly nightmare of a virus, not for some misguided opinion that we are being forced.

This is all done to protect ourselves.

Do you watch any news at all?!

I don't think we've ever seen bodies piling up and being stored in huge trucks before with the flu. Did you have a relative in one of these trucks that you were not able to visit while they were dying?! 

If you don't want to protect yourself

or believe there is anything to protect, by all means do what you are going to do, and hope you never get it or infect someone else because you are denying anything is really dangerous about this.

I'm sure everyone wishes this were not happening and that we could go about like we used to, at our jobs, seeing our families, etc. so there is no need at all to divide people or say things that are meant to incite and divide! Or beliefs that are just plain ignorant! I'm really sick of these ridiculous opinions based on some distorted beliefs.

Please stop just making things up to make some point.  It is these type of outrageous claims that place doubt in peoples minds.  People keep throwing out numbers with full knowledge they are distorted basically because there is no way of knowing the number of people who have had the virus and recovered.  So called experts should know better and temper the rhetoric.  People are just getting tired of the constant fear and panic being generated, lets just use some common sense.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

Does anyone else not trust the CDC, WHO and the FDA anymore?

How does it make sense to only wear a mask if coughing or fever etc or caring for someone who is sick when so many are carrying the virus without symptoms!

So with these instructions, they do not need to wear a mask because they do not have symptoms?!

Sanjai Gupta said we should all act as if we have the virus.

More people are infected by those with no symptoms they have found.

Those were nice instructions about how to wear the mask though, but mostly common sense.

Ridiculous confusion and different opinions and advice. Sick of it because it has become so many political battles.

@Boomerdotty -

Not talking about you at all just get angry at all these stupid organizations that change their minds and I think to make themselves look good.

And yet I'm probably not making any sense either.

It's ok, I'll think of someone or something to blame it on!

@on the bay 

I was going to write the same thing....I wouldnt trust anything WHO said!!!  They were one of the contributors TO the worldwide pandemic!!! 

And our city regulations has a mandatory mandate for public distancing and everyone 10 and older is required to wear a mask in public areas except for the following situations:

• When exercising outside or engaging in physical activity outside;
  • While driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver;
  • When doing so poses a greater mental or physical health, safety or security risk;
  • While pumping gas or operating outdoor equipment;
  • While in a building or engaged in an activity that requires security surveillance or screening, like at banks;
  • While consuming food or drink

Our death rate has been very low (of course even 1 is not good).....48 (for both our city and outlining county area).....and we've had an excellent recovery rate for those that have contracted the virus, even those that were hospitalized...So the plan we have in our city makes sense...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

The Chinese people wear masks all the time. I'm beggining to think they are the ones that know what we should do. This is not about the Chinese government I don't trust them one bit. Wear a mask until this virus is gone in your area to be safe. The fact that healthcare workers always wear masks says a lot. They're not worried about giving patients something they're worried about getting something. 

@Lali1 

Yep, your right, the Chinese wear masks all the time....even before the virus because of their severe pollution problem.................

Nine Chinese cities suffered more days of severe smog than Beijing ...

China issues air pollution warnings, 79 cities blanketed in heavy ...

Most Chinese cities fail air quality standards in 2015: Greenpeace

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Since I am just that shy about a scene, since my fav grocery is requiring them, I mask up.

I do think the cloth ones, that we all know get multiple uses before washing, are filthy.  Worse than nothing.