Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHERE to put a water bottle???

@Nightowlz wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Who needs a water bottle with them at ALL times? I am able to do a little grocery shopping without taking a sip of water, trust me. I am a big water drinker but I won't carry it around like a baby bottle. 

@ID2 @skatting44 

If you have dry mouth like I do you won't leave the house without it. Nothing worse then when your mouth is so dry it's stuck together. It will get so dry you need it so you can swallow.

I have a bottle of ice water I'm drinking all day long.

I understand , I used to carry water everywhere , however  with covid and masks , I  leave the drinks in my car. Carrying a bottle around is just  another way to potentially expose the  top of the bottle or drink opening to covid . I won't take that chance.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

hydro flask......the seals are very tight and there is never any condensation on the outside of the container. they come in many sizes and i can easily put them into my handbag or tote. some of the larger ones have a handle at the top so you can carry it easily. they also make container slings.

hydro flask supports non-profit organizations focused on building, maintaining, restoring, and providing better access to parks.

hydro flask sling.jpg

All it takes is one person standing neear you to cough or sneeze, and that entire bottle and holster is showered in germs.

Leave the bottle in the car or at home

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

@ID2 You said exactly what I was going to post.  Baby bottle = great comparison.

I also drink a lot of water daily............but would never consider tugging a jug - nor - testing 'fate' that a ladies room might not be available.

I was going to say the exact same thing.  As I have gotten older I cannot drink a lot of water if I am walking around unless there is a restroom close by.

Now with Covid, all of the restrooms in the parks where my husband and I take our walks are closed.  I definitely have to limit the amount of water I consume before we leave the house.  Carrying a water bottle with me is out of the question at this time.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a big water drinker, however, I don't carry one on my person every time I go out. I put one in the car, and if I am out walking, I have one in my pocket.

Certainly don't need a drink that badly when I'm out doing errands.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since COVID, I do not carry a water bottle around with me shopping -- ever.  Just the thought of it makes me cringe.

I do have water or coffee in my car sometimes.  But even then, I drink it on my way to my errands, never while or after shopping.  

Honored Contributor

I breathe thru my mouth quite often. Sometimes my throat gets so dry I have to have a drink of water immediately. Baby bottle or not I do what is best for me so I don't start coughing and choking. So there ya go!

Honored Contributor

I like that Hyrdo Flask and the sling.  Have to check it out.  

I don't get close enough to people to worry about their sneezing or coughing on it--LOL!!

Honored Contributor

I don't carry a water bottle. I find a drinking fountain or just buy a bottle of water from somewhere close.

Honored Contributor

@spent2much 

Insulated stainless steel travel mugs work great with no condensation problems to ruin my purses or totes. One of my rules regarding purses used to be that they had to be large enough to hold my water.

Since the pandemic started, I don’t go anywhere other than to work and I keep a mug there. It has been almost a year since I took a mug anywhere other than to work in a tote bag.