Respected Contributor

Re: WHERE to put a water bottle???

@sunshine45 wrote:

i dont know where you live @noodleann , but around the areas that i go, both inside and outside, i am trying to maintain a good distance AND we have a mask requirement. it is an option for those of us who carry around water bottles or drinks and not everyone has to use it. if i were that worried about what was happening, then i would also be concerned about people showering my clothing, my exposed skin, my shoes, my readers, my purse, my scarf, or anything else i would be wearing, using, or holding. i am not living my life in fear and i am trying my best to be as sanitary as possible both inside my home, at work, in stores, and outside.

Please. It's just a poor solution to the OP's problem.

Taking your points, you can't control people coming up behind you unless you're wearing a six-foot bustle with spikes. I don't, makes it too hard to drive.

We have mask requirements where I live, and they're ignored more and more often these days. So is distancing. It'll all get worse when the majority of people have gottten the vaccine. Oh joy. Can't wait.

I also doubt that you put your scarf or your shoes in your mouth, but that's what you do with a water bottle. So concern about people coming up behind you and germing up your unseen bottle is legitimate. As I said, the posterior holster is not a good solution in the current circumstances.

It's not "living my life in fear" to refrain from putting drinking utensils where the universe can polute them. Don't let fear of looking fearful compromise common sense.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a simple cloth bag with mesh pouches on either side.  I put a water bottle in that.  I carry a bottle of water most times when I go out.  But in winter, I don't always bring a bottle.  During the summer, I get thirsty all the time.  That's usually when I carry a water bottle.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann 

we can agree to disagree on this.

everyone has their own comfort levels during this period of time.

i have no fear in carrying a water bottle or water container around with me if i need it while still protecting myself. its a personal choice and there is no right or wrong. some will agree, some will disagree.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

My son and DH both are tethered to their 30oz Green Beast mugs ( with handles and stainless straws). These usually are about the same price as Yeti brand but I got an email yesterday that they are going to be slightly redesigned and their remaining 30oz stock is on sale, including shipping, for $21.  I bought a back up in case one of " my boys" ever needs a replacement.

Honored Contributor

About 20 years ago, I bought a yellow mesh water bottle holder with a crossbody strap.  Sort of like a macrame pouch with a strap.

If you can crochet or do macrame - should be a snap to make.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 

Lots of folks around here (NYC) carry a water bottle with them.   Nothing unusual about it at all.