Regular Contributor

Re: WHERE TO SELL ANTIQUE BOOKS?

Try entering as much information as you have on the JOHN KING website.  It's a huge physical store, as well as web presence, and all they sell is "unique" books to "uniquely" interested people.  Their contact person will e-mail back to you with what they are willing to offer.  Then you box 'em up, send 'em in, and --if you information to them was as accurate as possible--your check arrives in the mail (i.e. don't say perfectly stored if the cover is frayed, or has water stains, etc.)..

Esteemed Contributor

Why not just donate them in one of those boxes outside the public library????

I couldn't be bothered with all the research and time to get a few bucks (or not).  Just a suggestion.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link to another retailer.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Calcgirl wrote:

I have books from the 1800 hundreds, especially elementary educational textbooks. How do I determine their value and where online to sell them?

Thank you

We live in a house built in colonial times.  There are numerous items in the attic that were left behind by previous owners.  There were A LOT of books from about the 1830s through the end of the century.  Some were inscribed as gifts with the years given.  For years we planned to do something with them but no one wanted them.  We were offered anywhere from $.25 a book to $5 for most of them.  We live in Valley Forge, Pa and not even the historical society was interested in them. 

About 2 years ago my husband sold the whole lot (over 50) to a collector for $150.

Valued Contributor

If the covers are beautiful, they would make good decorative pieces on a shelf with other items.