Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: WHEN VENDORS DESCRIBE SCENTS.....

Even though QVC allows 4 weeks to return a item, I have a problem purchasing fragrances other than those I'm familiar with.  It's true, frangrance often smells different on other people.  My daughter was given a bottle of Joy perfume, which as we all know is extremely expensive.  It smelled like perm solution on her.  In my case most Estee Lauder fragrances smell like I've been drinking.   One Christmas I received one of their perfumes and used it prior to going to church.  The entire time we were in church, I kept thinking someone sitting nearby had been really celebrating.  Then I found out it was coming from me! 

I tried using an emoticon, but it didn't show up.  Anyone else have this problem?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

I'm an easy touch when it comes to fragrances. I've bought a few from QVC without smelling them, and I did very well. 

Does anyone remember the fragrance "Diamonique?" It came in a beautiful bottle, and Kathy Levine described it as the fragrance of walking into an English garden, and the scent of a florist shop and smelling all the white flowers. Well, that did it for me. I bought the perfume and the eau d' parfum, and I loved them both. I actually still have some left and believe it or not, it still smells wonderful! (It also came with a Diamonique marquis shaped pendant with a chain). 

I also bought Tova's signature fragrance without smelling it. It was and still is one of my favorite fragrances. 

I bought Joan Rivers Now and Forever, and loved that one too. She also sold a set of a few (3 or 5?) bottles of floral fragrances, including lily and lilac.

These were all from blind demonstrations. I'm such a sucker for fragrances! 

I bought Pheremone and a few other of Marilyn Miglin's fragrances from the other network. Again, loved them all. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

The only time I ever purchased a fragrance, without ever trying it first, was when I ordered Tova years ago.  Everybody described it as being wonderful.  And, talked about how people stopped them on the street, and how their husbands loved it.

I used it several times.  The scent made me gag.  My husband asked me what I was wearing....because he didn't like it.  And nobody stopped me on the street, lol.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

The ONLY time Ihae ever hit a home run by someone helping me with a scent I have never smelled and tested on myself is when Philosophy "messed" with FIL.  I loved that stuff.  Many ladies here heled me with a very similar scent, Trish McEvoy's #9.  I took a chance and ordered, and it worked out perffectly.  Good thing cause that #9 is not cheap for me.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey