Honored Contributor

Re: WHEE! BLUE BUNNY ICE CREAM

Ice cream is not my weakness.  I am allergic to milk, and outside of a scoop of chocolate in a cone, or a small DQ cone a few times a year, I don't think about ice cream very often.   

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Kachina624 Sorry, not moving from WA south for ice cream! Now pizza, that's a whole nother story!

@Love my grandkids   I'm one of the rare birds that doesn't care for pizza.  If I never ate another piece, I'd be perfectly happy.  I never buy it.  Once again, too greasy and strong flavored. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

This topic stopped me in my bunny tracks!  I was raised on Blue Bunny ice cream and milk in Iowa.  When we move to another state, I always try to track down Blue Bunny.  Not always successful over the years.  I love BB French Vanilla but that flavor isn't carried in our stores in Tennessee.  I feel like a traitor but now I buy Blue Bunny and Tillamook.  Schwanns also has excellent ice cream.

BTW the last time I was in LeMars Iowa I stopped at the Blue Bunny Ice Cream shop.  Great ice cream and novelty shop!

Trusted Contributor

I have had Blue Bunny several times....meh...it doesn't compare to Blue Bell. I never met a Blue Bell I didn't like....unfortunately for me! It is the best ice cream anywhere. 

Trusted Contributor

Blue Bell big expensive compared to the store brands,,,but it also is still in a half gallon tub...I usually only buy it when it is on sale. It was $3.77 if you bought two last week, so of course I had to take two home! 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
Spoiler

@Love my grandkids    You apparently don't get Blue Bell up where you live.  It puts all others to shame.  To me Blue Bunny has a greasy feel on the tongue.  I can't eat it at all.  You might want to consider moving South.  It's worth it.

Spoiler
Spoiler

@Kachina624 

You got the right sister!  First thing we do when we land in Houston is stop by HEB on the way to my brother's house and pick up some Blue Bell, in addition to Shiner Bock!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.