Respected Contributor

WHAT a NICE SURPRISE at TALBOTS Today !!!

Returned an online purchase to Talbots nearby which just reopened.  Asked for store credit and got an extra 10% credit.  

This is a new incentive to shop the store !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT a NICE SURPRISE at TALBOTS Today !!!

@jlkz   Sounds like they have a great marketing team that knows how to appreciate their customers.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

except that I haven’t found anything Talbots that fits me for years and years.  They had a huge store in the mall near my condo so I often tried.   

Then they disappeared. Returned about a year ago at about a quarter of their old store and I still couldn’t spend any money.  

Hope me their good customer service let’s them survive if for no other reason than that it helps keep the mall in business

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2. I think that 10% extra for a store credit was all about the revenue T (and other stores) lost by being closed and much preferring that customers take some ofvthe ed vast volume of merchandise T stores have leftover rather than a refund.
Honored Contributor

Sorry I was fixing the errors in my post my phone did when I accidentally hit post before I fixed them.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jlkz That's great news! I've got to return several items that I bought online. I'll happily take a store credit, especially if they give me an extra 10%. 

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

except that I haven’t found anything Talbots that fits me for years and years.  They had a huge store in the mall near my condo so I often tried.   

Then they disappeared. Returned about a year ago at about a quarter of their old store and I still couldn’t spend any money.  

Hope me their good customer service let’s them survive if for no other reason than that it helps keep the mall in business

I'm fortunate that both my regular Talbots and my Talbots clearance stores are large stores with the full range of merchandise. It's very frustrating when I go to one of their other stores and find that they don't carry the sizes I wear. During the pandemic, Talbots had a good selection of all sizes and excellent sales. If you know what size you take in their clothing, try ordering online. I found that many Talbots reviewers provide "true to size" ratings with their reviews. This has been very helpful in ensuring I get the right size. Talbots customer service is excellent. 

Respected Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia 

I was happy because I got to keep my Rakuten cash back!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill