Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT WAS THE WEIRDEST QUESTION YOU WERE ASKED?

My SIL was out with her son and daughter who were about two.  A lady asked:  Twins?  My SIL said:  Yes.  The woman asked: Identical???????

Believe me when I tell you the boy looked like a boy and the girl looked like a girl!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT WAS THE WEIRDEST QUESTION YOU WERE ASKED?ww

My mother-in-law had one blue eye and one green eye.  The first thought you have when you see her, is....my what beautiful eyes she has!  Then you realize they are different colors. She used to get strange questions.  Did you have them changed? etc.

Trusted Contributor

I was interviewing for a job that was a big deal for me. I was thrilled for the oppotunity, & worked hard to go into it well prepared; even "practiced" what I would say. Bought a new suit, shoes, handbag. I was sooo nervous, walking into the interviewer's big, fancy office. He looked so "important", & I was intimidated! I  put on my "happy face" & tried to gain a rapor with him, & hoped that I appeared more confident than I felt! Just when I thought the interview was over, he said,"If you were an animal, what would you be?". I gave him some silly answer, & wondered what the "right" answer was! (I didn't get the job).

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Right after I got married my coworkers at the time asked me the typical "So, are you pregnant yet?" Or "When are you going to have a baby?"  When I would tell them we weren't having kids the looks of astonishment I got. This was in the 70's.

Sort of similar story. Went to the dry cleaners.  The guy asks me are you pregnant?  I was just fat, and not humongous trust me. So I said no. He asks me, are you sure?  I said YES!  And to add insult to injury he also lectures me on how I should have children and it would be the best thing that could happen in my life, after I already told him I don't want to have children.  I don't need to describe all the levels this is wrong.  What a creep!  

Honored Contributor

A rather rudecustomer asked me out of the blue:  DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN?

When I said no, she said sadly back.....  "Oh I am so sorry."

She just ASSUMED I wanted children and could not have any!  

I told her "Do not feel sorry for me. I CHOSE  to be child free and it was the best decision I ever made"

She said back.. " well, when you are old, you will regret it because you will have no one to take care of you" 

I told her: THAT WAS A BAD EXCUSE TO HAVE CHILDREN and I felt sorry for her children.

I will never forget that conversation. Such an airhead lady!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A rather senile aunt once asked me what size bra I wore. I was so flustered I answered and my siblings have  never let me forget it.

I work part time answering phones for a title company. A caller asked for "Mrs. Rivera" . I asked for her first name and they said "Mrs."

Respected Contributor

i was just this week asked the wierdest question at my doctor's office. a new nurse took my height weight and led me to the exam room.  she was not a young nurse, she looked like she was in her late 40s.

i use a cane and have a hard time with mobility.  She was walking ahead and i could not keep up. so she looks back  at me hobbling along and says.....

" Were you BORN that way? "

Honored Contributor

So sorry you had to deal with that, @CatsyCline

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

i was just this week asked the wierdest question at my doctor's office. a new nurse took my height weight and led me to the exam room.  she was not a young nurse, she looked like she was in her late 40s.

i use a cane and have a hard time with mobility.  She was walking ahead and i could not keep up. so she looks back  at me hobbling along and says.....

" Were you BORN that way? "

@CatsyCline 😮

Honored Contributor

I would like to have $1 for every time someone called the hospital switchboard and asked me for the number to call 911!