Honored Contributor

WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER GRAVY

Last night, I told DH to heat up the thawed pea soup for his dinner, I was not feeling well.  Today, I was looking for the large container of gravy, couldn't find it, but eventually the pea soup appeared. Last night DH told me the soup was barely enough for one meal, too thick so added water, and was almost through eating, the GRAVY is what he ate as soup, without even noticing that the color was brown, not green, very thick, and could not possibly have tasted like pea soup, said he didn't see any carrots or potatoes, no wonder, lol.  

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER GRAVY

Hilarious! 

Trusted Contributor

Y chromosomes have a high Duh Factor in some of our species.

Just laugh! And serve the pea soup without smirking. 

Honored Contributor

I could see my husband doing that, how are they that clueless when it comes to food!

Respected Contributor

two factors, There is a little streak of laziness in every man, and if it tastes good they’ll eat it, and not ask questions.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirlthats sooo funny.I hope he doesn’t have high cholesterol now.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@mousiegirlthats sooo funny.I hope he doesn’t have high cholesterol now.

@dex  LOL, I am surprised he didn't upsie during the night, all that fat, lol.

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

@gizmogal  Oh, he is going to get the pea soup alright, on a night when he is expecting pasta, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl wrote:

@gizmogal wrote:

@gizmogal  Oh, he is going to get the pea soup alright, on a night when he is expecting pasta, lol.

@Put the pea soup on the pasta...presto ...pesto

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is really funny.  Men do the funniness things sometimes.

I have a funny gravy story too.  When I was young, my mother took all of us children out shopping for the day and we stopped and had dinner before we came home.

My father, who knew how to cook, decided that he would heat up the left overs from the day before.  He took out the gravy and thought they were mashed potatoes.  He mixed the cold congealed gravy into patties with onion and celery and proceeded to try to make potato cakes.

We came home just in time to see him and staring at the frying pan.  The gravy had melted.  We laughed so hard. My father has never lived that down.  Every now and again, one of my siblings brings the story back to life.

My best friend's aunt used to wash brand new panty hose and put them in a sandwich baggie in the freezer while still wet for a few days.  That was supposed to keep them from running.  Once she came home and her husband was frying her panty hose in butter with onions. He thought it wass a package of liver.

These real life mishap cooking stories are a hoot.