Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT’S YOUR NEW MAJOR?

Can I double major or do an interdisciplinary study? 

Sanskrit language and religions of the Indian Subcontinent 

Old Norse and medieval Scandinavian studies with emphasis on religion prior to the conversion

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@septemberwrote:

English. Might minor in French.  I was a science major, so would go in a different direction next time around 

Are you active in your field of study, @september?  It seems to me I can see a bit of science applied in your photos.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Noel7wrote:

@ms traditionalwrote:

theology and archaeology

Definitely theology.  We have quite a few things in common.

@Noel7  @ms traditional

Have either of you read any of Huston Smith's books?  At one point I had a great interest in comparative religion and read his "The World's Religions."  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

Theology and Zoology! Cat Embarassed

Honored Contributor

I'd keep the same major that I had in college....art. I love having my knowledge about my most favorite "hobby". Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I majored in management and finance, with a minor in organizational communications. It enabled me to have a great career, but I learned far more in the real world than In the classroom. I honestly can not fathom returning to school. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I go into some sort of design program - however I can't draw to save my life so not sure it would work out well for me!

Trusted Contributor

I went to school forAccounting and that didn't pan out.  I then changed to Adult Education because I wanted to teach adults that returned to schooll to get their GED. Now that I am not doing either of those I really think that I want to go back to Accounting.  I like working with money, numbers and checks and balances. 

Esteemed Contributor

Still music, majoring in a different instrument.

Since I teach music history, I can't seem to get enough of any history. But the historical reasons they pose on TV is a minor source of information. They definitely lead you down a "garden path." You really have to go back to authentic sources -- books -- to get the scoop behind the scoop.

Honored Contributor

I would join the military and make it a career.

Saving time & trouble. If I offend you, I am sorry.