Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT’S YOUR NEW MAJOR?

I’d probably study nursing or nutrition and do a study abroad. Great topic!

Honored Contributor

Maybe I would skip college altogether to go into real estate.  That would have been a difficult choice with raising my sons though.

Maybe library science or forensics.  At my age I’m as indecisive as I was at 18 when I majored in English.

Respected Contributor

Library science.

Respected Contributor

theology and archaeology

Honored Contributor

@tansywrote:

Maybe I would skip college altogether to go into real estate.  That would have been a difficult choice with raising my sons though.

Maybe library science or forensics.  At my age I’m as indecisive as I was at 18 when I majored in English.

🙂. @tansy

I had a cousin who went into real estate, she had to take a lot of classes.  There’s good money to be had there.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditionalwrote:

theology and archaeology

Definitely theology.  We have quite a few things in common.

Respected Contributor

Hi, @Noel7.  Smiley Happy

If I were to go back to school, it wouldn't be to college, but to culinary school.

I spent my working years as a hotel restaurant manager where customer service was my #1 priority. I loved my job and restaurant life in general.

However, what was most frustrating was that so much depended on the current chef - or whoever was cooking at the time.

That could be maddening sometimes.

Pride on the plate!

Anyway, that's what I'd do if I were 20 years younger.  Smiley Very Happy

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatiniwrote:

Hi, @Noel7.  Smiley Happy

If I were to go back to school, it wouldn't be to college, but to culinary school.

I spent my working years as a hotel restaurant manager where customer service was my #1 priority. I loved my job and restaurant life in general.

However, what was most frustrating was that so much depended on the current chef - or whoever was cooking at the time.

That could be maddening sometimes.

Pride on the plate!

Anyway, that's what I'd do if I were 20 years younger.  Smiley Very Happy

Hi @sabatini

It doesn’t have to be college, I didn’t say college on purpose, just something you want to do or learn. I’m pretty sure my daughter would say culinary school, also.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3wrote:

@Ms tyrion2wrote:

I took four years of French in high school and I wish I would have kept going. I've thoug4ht about taking adult education for Spanish as it is widely spoken in the USA . I admire European countries for insisting children be multi-lingual.

Working closely with the legal profession as I did, i would go to law school if I could have a do-over.

@Ms tyrion2  French is projected to be one of the major world languages by 2050. 

Mexican Spanish is predominate in the USA since more Mexicans make up the Hispanic population; however, there are approx. 10 varieties of Mexican Spanish.

Then you have Caribbean Spanish and Central American Spanish.

Take your pick.  LOL

Well, I've got a jump start on the French. 😁

I do know there are lots of variations in Spanish just as there are in French and Italian.

I live in a very predominately Spanish speaking city. Mostly Mexican Spanish, but you can be very much understood with plain old "conversational" Spanish. 

Honored Contributor

Interior and graphic design. 

The things graphic designers can do today compared to when I graduated from college in 1976 is astounding with computers!....of course I can still take courses and learn more but I just don't have the energy today.