Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT’S YOUR NEW MAJOR?

Genetics.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I regret not finishing college. If I could go back to my younger years, I'd have been a teacher (of grade school children) I think its the best job, teaching kids would be rewarding, and having off in Summer and when it snows is a plus too.

I thought of this since I no longer watch my grandchildren weekly, (since last year) because my daughter got a job at school and my grand kids are all older (Just turned 20, 18, and 14). 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I majored in Education/ Health Sciences

Public Health

Public Health Policy / Geriatrics

Were I to do it over again (?) I’m pretty sure it would be Law, or Veterinary Medicine, probably Law. I started out in Law, but it was SO hard to get scholarships there.  Dreamed Of Vet school, but let the Hard Sciences intimidate me.

I had in-home Philosophy & Political Science as those were my Dad’s majors!  That fed my love of travel. Smiley Wink

@Noel7 interesting !

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@brewhahawrote:

Spalleeng

I am glad you’re back @brewhaha

Honored Contributor

I have a BS in history.  If I went back to school, I would like to get a Ph.D in ancient history.  I've always wanted to work in a museum in Egypt & England examining ancient artifacts as well as running the ancient artifact department.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2wrote:

I took four years of French in high school and I wish I would have kept going. I've thought about taking adult education for Spanish as it is widely spoken in the USA . I admire European countries for insisting children be multi-lingual.

Working closely with the legal profession as I did, i would go to law school if I could have a do-over.

I thought about law school, too, From what I know of you @Ms tyrion2  That would be an excellent choice for you. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

Genetics.Smiley Happy

Yes, indeed 👍🏻  @SilleeMee

Honored Contributor

@Drythewrote:

I majored in Education/ Health Sciences

Public Health

Public Health Policy / Geriatrics

Were I to do it over again (?) I’m pretty sure it would be Law, or Veterinary Medicine, probably Law. I started out in Law, but it was SO hard to get scholarships there.  Dreamed Of Vet school, but let the Hard Sciences intimidate me.

I had in-home Philosophy & Political Science as those were my Dad’s majors!  That fed my love of travel. Smiley Wink

@Noel7 interesting !

@Drythe

I really like your response.  There is so much to learn, so many subjects to get excited about.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2wrote:

I took four years of French in high school and I wish I would have kept going. I've thought about taking adult education for Spanish as it is widely spoken in the USA . I admire European countries for insisting children be multi-lingual.

Working closely with the legal profession as I did, i would go to law school if I could have a do-over.

@Ms tyrion2  French is projected to be one of the major world languages by 2050. 

Mexican Spanish is predominate in the USA since more Mexicans make up the Hispanic population; however, there are approx. 10 varieties of Mexican Spanish.

Then you have Caribbean Spanish and Central American Spanish.

Take your pick.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMacwrote:

I have a BS in history.  If I went back to school, I would like to get a Ph.D in ancient history.  I've always wanted to work in a museum in Egypt & England examining ancient artifacts as well as running the ancient artifact department.

@Mz iMac

Oh, yes.  I’ve been reading about Sardinia and the mysterious people who invaded the island from 1800 BCE until the second century BCE.  Their bronze age little statues are unusual.  I can’t get started on this subject 😄 I just discovered I have Sardinian ancestors, it is consuming my time.