Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT RECENT PRICES HAVE SHOCKED YOU THE MOST?

@Tinkrbl44It all has socked me. 

Respected Contributor

Bacon...almost 10$ a pack

Mayo... 6$ a jar

what the...

meanwhile, I am grateful for my local produce stands

cucumbers right out of the garden...25 cents each and they are fresh and delicious 

tomatoes...beautiful red and orange and yellow ones...2.50 for about 7 

good sized ones

i will miss my summer produce stands😫😩

Respected Contributor

The price of used cars is amazing! DH is in need of a car...wants a three year old one like the one he has...$50,000 if it has less than 100k miles on it.I think the goal is to squeeze you out of a gas car and get you to buy an electric one. Not a chance. 

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

A pack of Nathan franks 7-8 dollars and Oscar Meyer bacon $12 these were jaw dropping to me.

@Luvitorleaveit1 - I don't know if you have Walgreen's where you are.

I have their Rewards card (free) and every couple of weeks or so, they have Oscar Meyer bacon on sale - 2 for $10 (sometimes $8 and very occasionally $12).

And every week they send a coupon to Rewards holders for something like "spend $20, get $6 back in Rewards".  Just last week I bought four 1 lb. packages of OM bacon for a total of $20.   And got $6 back!

I never thought until a few years ago that Walgreen's would have a better price on bacon that a regular supermarket, but it's where I always buy my bacon now.  My DH says "How do they stay in business?"  (I take advantage of every special offer and cash back that they have and I maintain quite a total of spendable cash.  One week I bought two packs of bacon, used my rewards and paid nothing.)

Worth a thought.

Respected Contributor

Oscar Mayer Bacon on sale for $10.00 a lb.

Respected Contributor

I was shocked when I asked a vendor in my local mall how much to put a new battery in my watch. $20!  I remember when it was $6 and it wasn't that long ago. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt I can totally identify with you.  I have a 2007 Toyota Hybrid Highlander, with several deals, purchased new for just under $30,000.  I'm looking at buying a new car and am envisioning paying $40,000...........maybe a 2023 Honda CRV Hybrid.  

Honored Contributor

I put some things back on the shelf at the grocery.  I think gas is out of sight, it's all too high right now.

Drop the mike.

Honored Contributor

Eggs.

They went from 58¢ for a dozen large at Aldi to over $3 almost overnight and they never stopped any where in between.

Lidl, they were 68¢ for a dozen extra large, they don't even carry the extra large anymore and are the same price as Aldi for the large.

Honored Contributor

A year ago or so, we needed the handle on one of our toilets. 

When our plumber came to the house do check another issue, we asked about the handle and he quoted a price of around $200 ( includes labor and parts).

Since DH and I are not handymen, we had the plumber replace it.

It still bothers me that neither of us can do something as simple as replacing a toilet handle 😬😬