Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT RECENT PRICES HAVE SHOCKED YOU THE MOST?

@MamaWick I buy the 6 pack of 16 oz. bottles of Diet Coke at Safeway and about every 2 weeks they have a good sale: buy 2 get 2 free usually. At a holiday it's buy 2 get 3 free. I stock up and don't pay full price. And I'm very aware of the price of this stuff!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think it's easier to name the one thing with a price that appears to have stayed the same, at least where I live: bananas. 

Esteemed Contributor

A pack of Nathan franks 7-8 dollars and Oscar Meyer bacon $12 these were jaw dropping to me.

Honored Contributor

Since I'm house hunting, I'd have to say real estate. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really can't get over new car prices. I'd like to buy a simple new car....like a Subaru Crosstrek, Honda CRV, or a Mazda CX-5....but the prices have shot way up!!!! ....to at least $33-$38k for a simple model. I just can't stomach it....Seems like I should be able to buy one in the low $20s.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Since I'm house hunting, I'd have to say real estate. 

I am looking at condos.  The HOAs are often shocking, especially when it doesn't cover much.

Super Contributor

We had not been to the DQ for over a year. So we thought let's go and get a treat.....a SMALL cone and a small Blizzard. The cost was a few cents shy of $10.00! We won't be going back any time soon!

Contributor

Paper towels, coffee and cereal. I think my grocery spending overall has gone up 30%. I have run out of ways to economize. 

Honored Contributor

Well, in spite of everything, gas prices in California are down ... more than a dollar a gallon where I am.  

Honored Contributor

Our favorite Mexican place went up. Huge burritos went from 9.99 to 13.99 in 2 weeks. 13.99 wow. The cost of contractors has gone up. We got a quote before Covid for 4900.  We have An 1890 sq ft older 2 story, mainly stucco home. .we just got another bid to proceed  and new bid and it is 8,500 to paint the same  colors.  Geesh. We will do it, but paint and labor have increased substantially. I'm near Silicon Valley, CA