Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT!? POLISH POTTERY At 10 Pacific Time?

@Dell1 wrote:

@NoelSeven I got an e-mail from QVC maybe last week and the e-mail showed different product lines.  This was one of them.  I wonder if it is from Lidia the chef.  Sorry don't know her last name.

http://www.qvc.com/kitchen-&-food/lidias-polish-pottery/_/N-lglvZ1z138x5/c.html?cm_ite=MAIN_PTWSmiley Tongueolish...

If you mean Lidia Bastianich, she is Italian.  This is her picture:

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Bestdressed wrote:

The inventory here say's it is... Lidia's Polish Pottery.

Isn't that different from Zangers Po***lish Stoneware?

( That used be on the Q?Smiley Happy

I think so, it's not Zanger, but it seems to be nice.  You can see it all now on a Q search.

How funny  ... My post was deleted! I guess the powers to be didn't like that I said ... I liked the "other" brand better. They are more colorful with such pretty designs.  I will record Lidia's show.

I think your post is still there.  Isn't it message number 5?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I really like the jack o' lantern, but I don't use my Polish stoneware during the holidays.  I am tempted Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The mugs are great.  I have a "thing" about mugs with curved lips.  I think they are nicer for drinking from than a straight up-and-down mug.  The designs are lovely.

Respected Contributor

I think this is from another vender the lady who was presenting last night mentioned about her brother and sister-inlaw doing this products.

Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Dell1 wrote:

@NoelSeven I got an e-mail from QVC maybe last week and the e-mail showed different product lines.  This was one of them.  I wonder if it is from Lidia the chef.  Sorry don't know her last name.

http://www.qvc.com/kitchen-&-food/lidias-polish-pottery/_/N-lglvZ1z138x5/c.html?cm_ite=MAIN_PTWSmiley Tongueolish...

@GingerPeach, That is who I was thinking of.  I didn't know if the products were from her but you are correct she is Italian.  My error.  Anyway I am glad products like this are being shown again.

Honored Contributor

@Dell1 wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Dell1 wrote:

@GingerPeach, That is who I was thinking of.  I didn't know if the products were from her but you are correct she is Italian.  My error.  Anyway I am glad products like this are being shown again.

Hi @Dell1

I probably could have phrased my post a bit better.  Sorry for that.  I woke up this morning and it was bugging me.  I apologize if I made you feel bad in any way. 

Isn't it interesting how just a small set of words can have so much effect?  I will try to be more careful, especially later at night when I'm starting to get tired!

(Although, frankly, I didn't check to see whether Lidia Bastianich had any Polish lineage or relatives so it's possible she could have lent her name to this project!)

Honored Contributor

@Dell1 wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Dell1 wrote:

Two different ladies with the same first name.  Last night's Lidia is from Poland and has a Polish last name.  Also taller and younger.  Love Lidia B Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The Polish pottery presented last night is from a smaller family owned plant which I believe is in the same town that Gloria's pieces came from.  Only 20 workers, all family, so it comes in smaller batches than Gloria's pieces.

I have a Lidia piece I bought online a couple of years ago and it seems to be the same quality as Gloria's.  The obvious difference, to me, is that Lidia's have a more updated look to some (like the owl S&P shakers) and are less expensive.

Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Dell1 wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Dell1 wrote:

Hi @Dell1

I probably could have phrased my post a bit better.  Sorry for that.  I woke up this morning and it was bugging me.  I apologize if I made you feel bad in any way. 

Isn't it interesting how just a small set of words can have so much effect?  I will try to be more careful, especially later at night when I'm starting to get tired!

(Although, frankly, I didn't check to see whether Lidia Bastianich had any Polish lineage or relatives so it's possible she could have lent her name to this project!)

@GingerPeach, oh I am not upset in the least.  Don't worry about that.  And I have watched the PBS show with Lidia cooking and she shows Italian cooking there.  Don't worry about what you said.  Life is too short to get upset about a post you meant in good faith to me.  Now everyone carry on about the show.  I watched a bit of it.  I live alone and don't do all of that much cooking anymore.  In the past I bought some small size bowls that I use on my dresser with jewelry and a soap dish.