Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT PLANS HAVE YOU MADE FOR YOUR MOM FOR MOTHER'S DAY?

@I am still oxox wrote:

My Mom passed away in October 2014 and I really choose not to think about the day at all

I feel your pain....my mom passed away when I was 30..that was in 1981...and I spent many Mother's Day full of sorrow...I miss her.....

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1. My Mom's 88 (89 in July)....best friends, too since only 20 yrs. apart in age. I can't think about not having her & do whatever I can now to make good memories.

Honored Contributor

@makena I'm sorry my post brought up a sore subject for you.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@QVCkitty1. My Mom's 88 (89 in July)....best friends, too since only 20 yrs. apart in age. I can't think about not having her & do whatever I can now to make good memories.

@Shanus, we were 20 years apart also, I hope you and your mom have a great Mother's Day !🌹

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mom passed away in 2011 and I don't have children.

I don't get too sad on that day anymore but, if I'm being really honest, it's a "please let this day be over already" kind of day for me. 

I've got 4 "special days" in the course of a month. Mother's Day, Father's Day and both my parents birthdays all in May and early June. I'm always thankful when that 4 week period is over. It can be tough. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1. I'm sorry for your loss and your grief. Obviously my question was not intended to purposely hurt anyone.

Honored Contributor

After I lost my mother, Mother's Day didn't mean that much to me.  It got better with time but it still doesn't mean a lot to me, I go through the motions for my girls.  I have two little grandbabies now, perhaps when they get a little older, it will be fun again.  It's the first Mother's Day for both my girls.....I love that they get to share all the "firsts" together.  They'll be here Saturday and we'll celebrate together. A fancy cake, a nice dinner, baby cuddling.   That way they can relax on Sunday and begin their own Mother's Day traditions in their own homes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShanusHi:  Wasn't it you who said your husband stopped working on April 17th and you and he were taking your mother on a trip???  Did you go already, or are you planning it??

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie. Yes, it was me. When tax season was over on 4/18, Mom had wanted to go to the mountains, but ended up w/ MRSA and couldn't make the trip. We'll reschedule for the fall. She said the summer would be too hot for her. Thanks for asking.

Honored Contributor

None, as per usual.  

BUT, for all of you who are good mothers, have good mothers, have lost your dear mothers, love and are loved - I would wish you a Happy Mother's Day.  Heart