Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT PLANS HAVE YOU MADE FOR YOUR MOM FOR MOTHER'S DAY?

My Mom & Dad are gone 25 years now. My stepchildren live abroad. Days like mothers's day & father's day are very sad for me.

Honored Contributor

I can't even bear to think ahead when I'm suffering the loss we all know will happen.

I still miss my grandmother and her sisters so badly, I think of them on Mother's day and they've been gone for years and years.

I know my mother is missing them too.  My mother is the best, but oh my gosh, she had the best mother herself, I envy her that she had my grandmother.  I know that sounds strange, but my grandmother was just the BEST and her and my mother were extremely close.

I only have this lifetime to try and be the best mom to my daughter and sons and I could only hope I come even close to my mother and grandmother.

My dad's mother should get honorable mention, too.  She was so sweet, but we didn't see her like we did my mom's mother.

Honored Contributor

@151949  Take yourself out for a nice meal or movie, etc. Whether or not your kids are available to celebrate with you, you're still a Mom.🌸

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm. My Mom will be 89 in July and every time the phone rings, my heart jumps thinking it's "the call". Then I realized it's keeping me from concentrating on the time I have w/ her now. You have some great role models. Lucky you. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Nightowlz. Belated, but sorry for your loss. She was so young when she passed away...& you were young when you lost her. Of course you miss her.

@Shanus She lived with leukemia for almost 18 yrs. Some doctors told her there was no way she had leukemia & lived as long as she did. She put up the good fight. She had 7 kids to take care of. She took a turn for the worse after the youngest was a senior in high school. She found out she had leukemia when he was born.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz. Such a very sad life for her. Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

My mother died in 1975.  She was a troubled soul and I hope she's found peace.

Sunday we will meet our son and his family at their church then go to brunch.

All these years and I can honestly say, I have not missed my mother.  My father is a different story.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

@makena wrote:

Year after year I've invited my Mom for different things (lunch, dinner, shopping for her, etc), but she always has other plans with other siblings, esp. my brothers, and I've come to the conclusion she chooses them over me so I don't bother offering invites anymore.  I always know if she has no plans because her response would be "I'm not sure, can I get back to you."  She never does and when I do call to check, she informs me she already has plans.

@makena

Sorry to hear this.

Maybe you could call one of your siblings and tell them that you'd like to be included in the Mother's Day plans.

@Daisy Sunflower--Ugh!  Some times I could kick myself for not thinking of what others post.  Perfect example.

@makena--I guess I'm wondering why your siblings wouldn't include you.  To me, that would make the perfect mother's day gift.  To bring together family that needs to be brought together.  Same for Father's day....

@Lucky Charm They all do their own thing.  They never have included me.  That's the way they are. I never know of their plans until after the fact. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@MarthaStewardess. That cruise sounds wonderful. Have a safe trip. 

Thank you, I'm sure we will!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Nightowlz. Such a very sad life for her. Thanks for sharing.

@Shanus It was sad. I think she would tell you she had a good life with what little time she had. As far as I can remember she was in remission for the most part. I can only remember a 1 time where dad had to rush her to the hospital. She started getting sicker a few years after I got married at 18.