Honored Contributor

WHAT PLANS HAVE YOU MADE FOR YOUR MOM FOR MOTHER'S DAY?

My son, living with us until mid-June, hubby and I are going to take her out for a nice lunch buffet. She's excited because she gets the chance to dress up.

I'm staying on for the week after. For her gift, I made her a turquoise and silver bracelet. 

Have you made plans?

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT PLANS HAVE YOU MADE FOR YOUR MOM FOR MOTHER'S DAY?

My Mom passed away in October 2014 and I really choose not to think about the day at all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I can only remember my mother when she was healthy and vibrant, raising us 4 kids by herself. My mother died when I was 29, next month it will be #78 for me.

Our kids all have fur and 4 legs, will see if they have plans for their mom, my wife.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last year my Mom, two sisters and I went to St Joseph MI.

This year are all going to Lake Geneva WI. We have massages scheduled so far.

when my sons were little, we used to take them to Chuckie Cheese on Mother's Day. (it was my idea  I wouldn't be a Mom if it wasn't for them)  They pretty much had the whole place to themselves. 

Honored Contributor

When I had my mom, she never wanted to go to a restaurant  on mother,s day. So we would go shopping together the day before, and have a nice relaxing lunch. On Sunday, I cooked for her and we spent the day together. My mom was my best friend, and I miss her every day. 🌷💐🌷

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Lost mine three days after Mother's Day in 2013.  I spent the whole day that day sitting next to her in bed thinking she was cooking for me and asking me if it was any good?  It was the best meal of my life. Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Year after year I've invited my Mom for different things (lunch, dinner, shopping for her, etc), but she always has other plans with other siblings, esp. my brothers, and I've come to the conclusion she chooses them over me so I don't bother offering invites anymore.  I always know if she has no plans because her response would be "I'm not sure, can I get back to you."  She never does and when I do call to check, she informs me she already has plans.

She never liked me and never will.  I've wasted too much time trying to figure out why so now I try not to focus on it.  Until the day I die I will never know and I wish she could just at least give me a reason.

Esteemed Contributor

Mom has passed on.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

My sister and I both live very close to my mom and see her often. My brother lives a little farther away and he asked mom to spend the weekend with he and his wife for Mother's Day. I already got Mom a dvd she has been wanting and will send her a card.  My sister and I will spend time at the nursing home with Dad that week-end so Mom won't worry about Dad being alone. She can hardly stand to be away from him more than one or two days.