Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT MAKES YOUR HUSBAND A GOOD HUSBAND?

He is a good man.

Honored Contributor

DH and I will be married 50 years in August. We both love to have a full dinner...meat, chicken or fish, veggies, salad, etc. I love to cook and bake, but am quite messy...lots of bowls & utensils. We made a deal those 50 yrs. ago, as long as I do the cooking, he’ll do all the dishes and pots. Can’t beat that!

Honored Contributor

The fact that he's my ex-husband.

Truth.  He's a much better friend now than he was ever a good husband.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spinach30  I married my dh when he was 42 and he had never been married. I had. He doesn't clean, do laundry or cook; however, after we had only been married a short time, I began having health issues. Started with gall bladder attacks and ultimate surgery, immediately followed by breast cancer, then a year later I developed auto immune disease. That's when my dh showed his strength and love. I recently broke my leg and he was again there for me. He still doesn't like to clean and I really don't want him doing laundry, but he was there when I really needed him. We celebrated our 25th anniversary in August. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Been with my husband for 32 years, besides being a hard worker and a genuinely good man, what makes him the best in my eyes is how he was by my side every step of the way through my breast cancer.   Through sickness and in health they say..........I would absolutely do the same for him.

Trusted Contributor

Love, Trust and being there for me when I really need him!  He does not say "I love you" every time he leaves or walks back in the door but I know he does!  

Also, we are both retired for several years now but when we both worked and were raising our children I did my job with the house and he took care of yard, cars, etc.  

It worked for us and we have been married over 50 yrs.!!HeartWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The fact that he's my ex-husband.

Truth.  He's a much better friend now than he was ever a good husband.

I hear ya!  Truly a happy ever after!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine is perfect because I don't have one.  Sorry, feeling sarcastic today.   Smiley Wink        All you ladies who have great husbands are blessed. 

Respected Contributor

First of all I know he loves me.I can trust him.I cook and he will do the dishes.He helps with the laundry and does the outside work.He will brush off the car in the winter.We are friends,don't always agree.He took good care of me for 1/12 years when I was very sick.He is not perfect and I certainly am not.It is good to know there is always someone in your corner.Love that guy!

Respected Contributor

I am lucky. 

My DH is a good man....

is very protective and supportive 

has always been a good provider and hard working ,

loves the Lord, his family and country

He makes me feel pretty and ,

Is appreciative... 

hes a good fix it guy around the house,

fifty years together and going strong. 🥰