Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT MAKES YOUR HUSBAND A GOOD HUSBAND?

DH is honest and trustworthy.  He does do things in and around the house and is capable in some, but not others.  He tries at least.  

However he is stubborn and has a terrible habit of not openly listening before he starts blurting out his opinion.  This is just not with me but also with friends and family.  As he has gotten older, I have seen him becoming much more self centered and bossy. He can be emotionally supportive when he feels it is necessary, otherwise he gets impatient and dismisses me.

There are days I ask myself why I put up with him.  There are days he asks himself why he puts up with me.  So I guess it balances out.

Frequent Contributor

My husband is a super good guy. He listens but never tries to ‘solve’ my issues for me if that makes sense. He’s smart and he’s the funniest person I’ve ever met. We have a great time together, and every day I look forward to seeing him. We were friends before we dated, so maybe that helps. We first met as teenagers and reconnected in our 30s and we’ve been together ever since. We were both married before, to not good people, so we joke that no matter what the other one does, it’s easily an improvement over our exes. Lol.
Honored Contributor

@Spinach30 some guys just never get it.I say make yourself happy with special treats and fun things with friends.I find that good friends always make you feel great.

Respected Contributor

I have been chronically ill for two years.  My husband has been taking care of me all this time.  He gets tired and impatient, but 99% of the time he is doing a great job.  Being a caregiver is no easy task.  This devotion to my care overshadows any complaints I may have had in the past.

Honored Contributor

I have been with my husband for over 50 years now.

We accept each other faults.

He accepts all my faults, he lives thru the tantrums I have when he is called into work at all hours of day or night weekends or not.

At times he just wants his space and just kind of shuts down and won't talk to me for naught. Yes I feel like a lump when he does this. He always been like this. He just closes me out.

Somehow we make it work, We accept and keep moving. We are both Leo's.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What makes him a good partner? He's over 40. Not kidding. He used to be so handsome, active, enjoyed newfound  success and somewhat arrogant. We met in college and married in 20s. Time has been a good teacher and humbled him. Death of dear people, three children, six grandchildren and two aging parents later, there are more people in his life to care and sacrifice for. He values being married to his best friend. And I'm easier to be around and more complimentary and supportive. Never been happier.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

He doesn’t exist.

Regular Contributor

Oh my God, where do I start? He's such a great guy, I can't really describe all his good qualities.

Regular Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

He doesn’t exist.

I'm really sorry to hear that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Huge Hannah Don’t be sorry. I’m VERY happy to not have a husband. It is my choice.