Honored Contributor

WHAT IS HSN DOING THAT QVC CAN'T DO?

[ Edited ]

Okay, I know this is a running conversation here, but this is a new one, even for HSN ... I think.

Thursday, August 11th I purchased an Andrew Lessman supplement at 2:16pm on the HSN website.    

This item already shipped Friday, August 12th, with the shipping notice emailed to me at 7:59pm.

In less than thirty hours, this was purchased and shipped.

I checked tracking today, Saturday, and it's almost here.   I will receive it in Monday's mail.  

WTH is the problem that QVC can't do ... uh ..... better than they do?

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT IS HSN DOING THAT QVC CAN'T DO?

@Tinkrbl44   Undoubtedly shipped by the vendor.  Doesn't he have his own facility?  I get QVC items shipped that fast and lately many have been sent via UPS so I receive them fast.  I have one item shipped July 27th that has obviously gone astray; I'll ask for a refund.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

most of my QVC items have been shipping quickly.

these days i purchase FAR MORE from QVC than from HSN.....and that is not just related to the shipping, but also the products themselves.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  You're right on.  Things I have purchased from HSN constantly get shipped and received much quicker than QVC.  Things seem to always be "preparing" or "in Process".  And then in about 5 days it ships.  I realize some of these items come from a vendor and some come from their warehouses, but it's very frustrating.

Respected Contributor

OK, where do I begin-  There merchandise ships so must faster (no "in process" for weeks), when I return an item I am credited within 1-2 weeks at the latest, they receive it very fast.  Lots of items are free shipping, we get coupons, and most of all, their fashions are new.  I have seen fashions here that I have had for at least 5 years (I am not kidding you).  Also, they allow you an adequate amount of time to cancel an item.

Honored Contributor

I guess I've been lucky lately.  Most of my QVC items have been arriving in 3 to 5 days!  Out of 7 items ordered, 6 have arrived, and the longest took 5 days to be delivered. 

The anomaly is Lug. It took 8 days just for status to say shipped, with no movement since then.  But I received a phone call from QVC letting me know my Lug purchase had some unforeseen delays.  At least they called, I was quite impressed by that, and no longer frustrated.  I appreciate that customer service.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When things are not coming from a warehouse, they come directly from the vendor. Those are the items that are shipped quickly.

Has anyone noticed this?

Whenever I deal directly with a company (even those who show their items on home shopping), I receive my order lickety-split.

I can't answer for Amazon, though. They always have fast shipping.

Honored Contributor

I shop more from HSN than QVC just because I happen to find more of what I want and they ofen have coupon codes.  But, I have had a couple of HSN shipments take the scenic route to my house, so I can't say they always have better shipping. 

Honored Contributor

Honestly I have not made a Q purchase in over 10 years now, but I do buy from HSN, great sales, clearance prices, free shipping and coupon codes, works for me!! sometimes up to 21% back from Top Cashback. 

Honored Contributor

Hsn is much smaller than Qvc.