Contributor

Re: WHAT IS A FOOD YOU WISH YOU LIKED?

Liquor and soda.   Have never tasted either in 74 yrs.   Can't get past the smell of liquor beer, wine etc. and soda or anything with carbonation  because of the bubbles.    I was always the party pooper, I guess.  I guess it goes along with cilantro which is absolute soap to me, too,, as others have stated..  

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips 

I can't think of any foods I don't care for that I wish I liked. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

If I do not like something there's no reason why I would wish I did like it!  

@Pook Maybe if it were no cook, complete nutrition, inexpensive, tasted like salted caramel chocolate ice cream with nuts and made you healthy and pretty?

For me that would be a reason. . . Woman LOL 

Respected Contributor

I think I have a very adventurous palate and cannot think of anything I wish I liked except for goat cheese.  Makes me gag.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Whole-wheat pasta, just can't find a brand I enjoy.

@deepwaterdotter    Ugh...reminds me of RUBBER BANDS...di

@Desertdi   @deepwaterdotter 

Whole wheat pasta sounds like a good idea, but they need to work on the taste.  It's not the best it could be, IMO.

I have been buying Banza pasta to throw into soup - made from chick peas. 

Also, there's a pasta made from rice (white or brown rice!) in the Asian section at the grocery store.  The shape and texture is the same as the Pad Thai dishes you can order in a Thai restaurant.   Cooks in 4 minutes, and I like that one the best right now.  Next week, it might be something else.

oh!   There's also a tofu based noodle sold at Whole Foods that is already cooked and comes in a bag with water to keep the noodles soft.  Not crazy about it, but some people really like it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

I wish that I liked salmon. It has a lot of nutritional benefits, but I've tried it 3 times and I just can't eat it.

Have you tried baking it with your favorite seasonings and pats of butter, then sprinkle with brown sugar on top,  Sounds weird but it really cuts the fishy gamey taste.  I love it this way.

Valued Contributor

Eggs, tuna fish and mayo
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cottage Cheese

Honored Contributor

For about three years I have found eggs revolting.  I know, I know.  At this time of unusually high prices for the common food item, it could be regarded as fortunate.

However, I lament that I no longer want a marvelous low-calorie source of protein. Even the thought of an omelette leaves me cold.  The very thought of regular presentations of the oval darling makes me slightly nauseous. 

I once loved eggs but no longer.

Valued Contributor

Salmom

Yogurt

Whole Wheat Pasta