Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE THREAD ABOUT OUR PERSONAL INFO FROM HERE BEING FOUND ON "GOOGLE"?

[ Edited ]

I use an anonymous email for places such as this. 

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE THREAD ABOUT OUR PERSONAL INFO FROM HERE BEING FOUND ON "GOOGLE"?

[ Edited ]

Find these things by choosing "My Settings" (look at the drop-down menu when you click on your name at the top of any page, or look at "Quick Clicks" on the left side of the page, below the list of "Blogs & Forums").

Under "My Settings," choose "Preferences" and click "Privacy."

Or, under "Quick Links," click  "Edit My Preferences" and choose "Privacy."

We do have control over this information, so please take the time to experiment with it.

hth!Robot Happy

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Angelbear wrote:

Yours looks ok, but many of us who privacy settings set to "No One" still have the personal info showing.  The need to fix this.

@Angelbear, As I described in my post, you see your own email address because you're logged into the QVC Community and you're looking at your own profile.  If I do a search, I do not see your email address since your Privacy is set to "No one."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo:  Thank you for setting us straight on this.  Your voice of reason is something I appreciate!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@LIG1  I'm going to do this too... if hotmail will let me!Heart

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The original thread is still there, but it's in Suggestion Box.  No worries if you have your important info such as email address set as  "private"... show to no one...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised this is news to anyone.  I thought everyone knew this was a public board and therefore our posts are public information. 

QVC Social Team

Hi everyone!

I wanted to jump in and address your concern that your private email address was visible to anyone who Googles a User name. Your personal email address is only visible to you. Just as you cannot see another users information, they cannot see yours. There is a new blog posting in the Welcome Get Started category titled Setting Your Privacy Settings that will have more information for you. I hope this helps and if there are any questions, please feel free to ask!

Honored Contributor

I have no idea what happened to that thread now, but I do know our Forum info has been available on Google for far longer than these new forums.  I found myself there years ago - just Forum info, not account info when I looked then.

Is there privacy anywhere?  My cynical self says no, but I have nothing technical to back up that thought. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm surprised this is news to anyone.  I thought everyone knew this was a public board and therefore our posts are public information. 

yes our posts were always visible from our old forum postings but the difference is our profile pages are now visible.

for those who have images these are visible (and in mine)  clickable as well unless you go into your preferences

if you have tagged anything that may be visible

if your nic is not unique it won't necessarily be in a search result,

Seems Q is now addressing this (again) and has posted instructions on the Welcome page