Trusted Contributor

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE THREAD ABOUT OUR PERSONAL INFO FROM HERE BEING FOUND ON "GOOGLE"?

I JUST READ IT EARLY THIS MORNING, BUT GOT CALLED AWAY ON SOMETHING EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. THOUGHT I COULD GET BACK AND COPY IT BUT NOW I CAN'T FIND IT AS I WAS GONE WAYYY TO LONG ?

Did any of you see it and check out your information from here all over on "Google" ?????

It was extremely disturbing to me and I was going to do something about it!

Contributor

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE THREAD ABOUT OUR PERSONAL INFO FROM HERE BEING FOUND ON "GOOGLE"?

Do you mean "from here" meaning the forums, or info on our QVC accounts?

Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE THREAD ABOUT OUR PERSONAL INFO FROM HERE BEING FOUND ON "GOOGLE"?

I just googled myself ~ type in your Nic, and then "from QVC"

It lists your join date, your hearts, your posts, and your reviews on products.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

It's a PUBLIC board  

Contributor

Plus your personal email address. That's just wrong.  Hello, QVC security.

Respected Contributor

I didn't see my email addy.  Guess I need to look again.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Contributor

Yours looks ok, but many of us who privacy settings set to "No One" still have the personal info showing.  The need to fix this.

Contributor

With a choice of privacy settings for personal information that are not being honored but released for many.  Public postings are one thing, personal info is another.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just did a chat with CS.  I was told that they have no information on the BB, and also said that they don't know how I can cancel my Community chat membership.  I was told to ask fellow posters if they know how to get out of here!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our posts and nicknames, and the limited amount of info under our profile, always were available via any of the internet search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo,  DuckDuckGo, etc.).

The difference now is that we have the option of adding more personal info and also we can adjust the Privacy settings.

If you're logged in here and you search for your own profile, your email address will show up...  

but only to you, because you're logged into the Q Community and your looking at your own account. 

If you have your Privacy set to "Show Email Address" to "No one" (which is the default setting) and you're not logged in (or if someone else does the search), your email address will not be displayed.

If you've entered additional personal info in your profile (under "Personal Profile," "Personal Information"), you also want to be sure the Privacy setting for "Show private information in profile to" is "No one."  (Again, this is the default system setting.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova