Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT GIFTS ARE YOU SICK OF? Fess up, be honest!

Sooner wrote:

Hmmmm.  None of us have said "CANDY" so far have we?  LOL

Oh now, don't be silly!  Smiley Happy

We don't do gifts anymore, but every now and then somebody (a neighbor, or somebody the husband works with,etc) will send over some kind of food item that just looks - let's just say, not so good.

I'm VERY food-neurotic, so I won't eat just anything.  Of course, I'm always gracious and they never know.  But - ewww!  hehe

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

good to know!  

I buy a family gift, this will be the last year I give Christmas stuff

Maybe some people love it, I know those who do.  I'm just thinking it is interesting to see what we get. . . I don't really mean to rain on someone's parade because we are all different.  I should have said that to begin with.  

Frequent Contributor

I am  tired of  Argan Oil,     Also, Dyson products  and computers.

Respected Contributor

I'm sick of all the stuff for sale on QVC.  Don't watch anymore.  They need to get some new vendors and products!  I've been a member since the beginning, too!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Woman LOLHmmmm.  None of us have said "CANDY" so far have we?  LOL

We don't do gifts anymore, but every now and then somebody (a neighbor, or somebody the husband works with,etc) will send over some kind of food item that just looks - let's just say, not so good.

I'm VERY food-neurotic, so I won't eat just anything.  Of course, I'm always gracious and they never know.  But - ewww!  hehe

What if I cooked it in a Le Creuset pot you don't have and have ALWAYS wanted and sat at the table with you and said "After you have the candy in it you can keep the pot. . . ?"  NOW what?

Woman LOL 

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

Have to agree with you on the scented candle... no, no, no -- I did get a few as a teacher and they were pretty (for the classroom). Anything scented (for me) needs to come with Saran Wrap over the top... I have migraines and virtually any scent can set them off!!!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

Oh, No - I just bought a throw for a co-worker.  Thanks for making me feel like I'm giving a gift that people are sick of.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sooner wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Sooner wrote:

Woman LOLHmmmm.  None of us have said "CANDY" so far have we?  LOL

What if I cooked it in a Le Creuset pot you don't have and have ALWAYS wanted and sat at the table with you and said "After you have the candy in it you can keep the pot. . . ?"  NOW what?

Woman LOL 

Welllll, if it's YOU - that's a whole 'nother thing.   Come on over, but you can keep the pot and take some more with you.  I hope you like Red, Black, and Dune.  Smiley Happy

Oh, and it's candy?  Well, I haven't said no to candy yet.  Anything milk chocolate with coconut, peanut butter, marshmallow, mint.  Yeah, that.  Smiley Happy

What I've usually seen is cookies, or some other unidentifiable, that appear to have seen better days and don't look clean.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Joann1218 wrote:

Oh, No - I just bought a throw for a co-worker.  Thanks for making me feel like I'm giving a gift that people are sick of.

There is no need to take other peoples' opinions personally.  Do you buy her a throw every year?  Maybe SHE isn't sick of them.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LTT1, for me it was the fact that most scented candles have zero scent to me. The only time I can smell anything is when I blow the candle OUT. That, and what does one do with half a dozen candles gifted over the years that just...sit there. I don't really have a desire to burn them.

*Flameless* candles...maybe, but I only have room for so many.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all