Esteemed Contributor

WHAT DOES KATE CALL THE QUEEN WHEN SHE WANTS TO TALK TO HER?

There has been so much talk about the Royals lately and I love it.  Because of it a thought came to mind about Kate and the Queen.  When Kate wants to speak to the Queen, does she have to address as Your Highness?  I know with all that is happening in the world right now this seems like a very insignificant question but at least it isn't depressing.  A little lightheartedness now and then is good for what ails us. Smiley Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT DOES KATE CALL THE QUEEN WHEN SHE WANTS TO TALK TO HER?

No, she just calls her "Queenie" or "Liz" or "Girlfriend". Sometimes she just lapses into "Mom".   You know they're not formal and don't stand on ceremony so things are kept very casual. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe she calls her Grandmother.  Saying "Your Highness"  seems very impersonal - but - I don't know anything about royal protocol - LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

No, she just calls her "Queenie" or "Liz" or "Girlfriend". Sometimes she just lapses into "Mom".   You know they're not formal and don't stand on ceremony so things are kept very casual. 

"Girlfriend"  😄

@Kachina624

Respected Contributor

Probably calls her either "Hey Ma" or Your Royal Highness!!!

Trusted Contributor

Family or otherwise, Queen Elizabeth is properly addressed as Ma'am, pronounced to rhyme with jam. When a person is presented to her for the first time, she is addressed as Your Majesty, not Your Royal Highness. 

https://www.royal.uk/greeting-member-royal-family

Prince William and Kate might call the Queen "Gran". She is William's grandma, after all!  . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I vote for Your Majesty. Then ma'm. Yes ma'm, no ma'm.

Honored Contributor

Mum?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor

I read a story that as a toddler Prince William fell down and was crying for Gary,  no one knew who that was.   The Queen came a running , she knew.  He called her Gary instead of Granny.  So pehaps the Duchess calls her Gary. 

Valued Contributor

@scruffsmom wrote:

I read a story that as a toddler Prince William fell down and was crying for Gary,  no one knew who that was.   The Queen came a running , she knew.  He called her Gary instead of Granny.  So pehaps the Duchess calls her Gary. 

Lol, love this. Heart