Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT DO YOU ADMIRE ABOUT YOURSELF...PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY?

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

Great thread @Shanus!

My best emotional quality is my humility!  Lol

Well, maybe not, sense I actually posted that but, I generally don’t need much attention or need people to fuss over me or make a big deal of thanking me or wishing me happy birthday and the like. 

I think I’m fairly good at detecting and appreciating nuance in language and music and am moved pretty easily. 

I’m appreciative.    

@GenXmuse    Thanks. I’m enjoying the thread, as well. Sounds like admirable atttributes to me.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

It's a completely 'automatic' thing. I'm always naturally cheerful and hopeful around people (mostly seniors) who have physical problems, injuries, etc.   I'm the 'positive' one, who always encourage others that they can do it, improve themselves toward recovery. I always say 'Just wait and see, you'll be doing fine in no time at all', etc.  Looking back, most (if not, all) of them remarkably improved whatever physical issues they had.  Docs have been amazed, or so they have told me.  I've been called the miracle worker.    

@ROMARY  That’s a gift I wish I wish I shared. Dealing w/ my 90 year old mother is a challenge.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I wouldn't say "admire," but I have been strong and made it though a lot of suffering and numerous life and death situations, and years of physical abuse and bruises as a child.

I used to fantasize about the life and family I wanted, down to a dog for a little girl I would have, and how her life growing up would be so much better.  I did it, too.

When I was in the hospital a few months ago, the doctor told me I was in very serious condition.  I asked him if I might die, and he said not me, I was the strongest person he had seen.

I guess having to be strong is like working out, it can pay off.

@Noel7  What a wonderful inspiration for all of us.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trinity11, you have had a rough road but sounds like you have done very well.  My son has Type 1 diabetes since he was diagnosed at age 8, and I know how difficult the disease is.  Also dealing with a family member with mental illness is not an easy thing. Kudos to you for being so strong. 

And as for myself, I guess I kinda like my creativity. I am a born teacher and ideas of how to help solve specific problems just pop into my head or I pound the internet "pavement" until I have some ideas.

Valued Contributor

I am compassionate,stong will, and I am indivisualist. Faith and family keeps me strong. Stubbornness should have my middle name.Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Let's see --- well, now --- this is a difficult question -- for me!

I have never had much self esteem and any time I got a compliment, I was appreciative, but never really felt worthy.  If I got attention from men back in my younger days --- I would think --- why?  I never thought I was anything special in the looks department - body or face.  But I have been told that I was really very attractive and had a very good figure when I was younger.  I always tried hard to look the best I could.  

I would say that the physical attributes that I was the most happy with were:  I had very, very thick hair with a lot of body, good cheek bones, and was very slim and tallish.  I thought my eyes were my best feature. 

As for emotional qualities ---- I feel my best qualities would be that I am very low key -- I am happy with the smallest things.  I love deeply and with all my heart.  I would do anything in my power to help friends and family in need or to make their lives happier or better.  I am truthful, honest, sincere and compassionate.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Let's see --- well, now --- this is a difficult question -- for me!

I have never had much self esteem and any time I got a compliment, I was appreciative, but never really felt worthy.  If I got attention from men back in my younger days --- I would think --- why?  I never thought I was anything special in the looks department - body or face.  But I have been told that I was really very attractive and had a very good figure when I was younger.  I always tried hard to look the best I could.  

I would say that the physical attributes that I was the most happy with were:  I had very, very thick hair with a lot of body, good cheek bones, and was very slim and tallish.  I thought my eyes were my best feature. 

As for emotional qualities ---- I feel my best qualities would be that I am very low key -- I am happy with the smallest things.  I love deeply and with all my heart.  I would do anything in my power to help friends and family in need or to make their lives happier or better.  I am truthful, honest, sincere and compassionate.  

@AngelPuppy1  If you are able to love deeply, the most important person to love is yourself. Takes work, but so rewarding. 😘

Esteemed Contributor

I like to learn and seek opportunities for self improvement or learn new skills to help improve the lives of others. 

Esteemed Contributor

I write well.

I'm smart.

I'm a smart***.

I'm pretty.

Image result for pretty squirrel

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

Some days, I just wonder how I made it this far. I'm a very young 77 yrs old - never married - no children. I had a fear of marriage because I had a mentally-abusive father - who was very mean to my mother. I never realized this - but years ago, I listened to one of those radio talk shows and a female called in - and was in the same situation as me!!!! My mother died exactly 36 yrs ago from ovarian cancer (I took care of her) - and 12 yrs ago, I was diagnosed with the same cancer - but I'm in the small percentage of women who "beat it." I had a few good friends thru the years - now I'm totally alone - with no family. My life was full of ups and downs --- but I always try to see the positive side. Having an adorable little dog helps me every day.

I'm a Survivor!!!!

Shanus: I have blonde wavy hair - and in the 1970s, the style was straight. I straightened my hair - and it looked horrible on me. So --- I realized how fortunate I was to just brush/comb my hair and go!!!!! Even after having cancer, my hair grew back and looks as good as it did before chemo.

I'm also a pleaser --- did too much, gave too much, etc. etc. Not appreciated!!!!