Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT DO YOU ADMIRE ABOUT YOURSELF...PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY?

@AngelPuppy1

Thanks for ur nice response. 

Spoiler
Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

For a physical attribute, people always said I have beautiful eyes. For emotion, I would have to say I am even keeled. I don't get freeked out that much at all. Good during emergencies because I keep a level head about me.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel I get my sense of humor from my dad,  my resilience from my mom.  Ive been told I'm very creative and personable.  I work on being more patient and forgiving which is so important for any human being I think.  Best feature my green eyes and strong long natural nails,  both from my mom😀. Mostly my traits are from good genes,  so no credit here.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I'm a good listener, trustworthy & calm in a crisis.

Very good qualities, I bet you are a good friend.

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Comfort with differences of opinion.

@deepwaterdotter  This has to be the most intelligent thing I've heard all day - maybe even ALL YEAR !!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it is interesting to note how many of us hesitate to use the word admire but I think this is a good question.

Maybe appreciate or as someone said value might be easier.

Is it a generation where we were taught not to "brag", always be humble, but also my mother and teachers would sometimes talk about false modesty and how that was just as unnatractive as being vain.

Still I know it is easier for me to give compliments than to receive them.

I just wanted to add a remarkable lesson that one of the very loved vice-principals in our school told us.

On our evaluations, we had to write how we would evaluate ourselves.

She said, Don't be afraid to blow your own horn! She encouraged us to write down all the good things we had done that year and include them. She said if we don't blow our own horn (the expression she used) who will? 

I think we all were kind of surprised by what she said and for me that was a way of thinking I hadn't thought of. Just her saying that, we were all so encouraged. She was giving us postive feedback just by saying that.

And I was surprised writing all the good things I had contributed that year.

So for all of us, the evaluation became a positive thing rather than  just a list of things we could improve on or mistakes we had made.

And as a lot of people are "our own worst critics", its nice to think about what we like about ourselves and also what we appreciate in others.

I loved reading people's responses to this question!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I admire how I followed my fathers advice.. from all those year back in time.  PEOPLE FIRST not things and  I would have a happy life if I remembered that one idea.  He was right.