Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR TODAY?

Just hanging out at home in the country. I made a Chickpea Tangine that we will have for supper. Right now watching a concert on PBS.

Trusted Contributor

I am getting ready for 14 people for a bbq!!  It is the largest group I have had for a long time!  We have a niece from out of state and her family coming to visit today, but not staying with us, so I gathered as many other family members, mainly children and grandchildren, to make it a fun family gathering!  We are doing bbq steak and shrimp with my smashed red potatoes, and salad and buttered corn!!

I will serve 2 desserts, one gooey chocolate cake and a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake!  It will be take your pick or both if you like!! 

I am looking forward to it but I know I will be tired tonight!!Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I'm going to start laying out all the clothes and toiletries that I'll be packing for our trip to Québec. We're not leaving until next week, but I'm a planner who doesn't like doing anything last-minute. My husband, on the other hand, always waits until the last minute to pack. He invariably forgets something because everything is done in a hurriy. Being together for over 50 years, we each accept the other's habits.

@VivianI wish I could let my husband pack himself!

We have also been married for over 50 years but he would pack himself in one of my "cosmetic bags" if I let him pack!!Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Just more of getting the house ready to sell. Packing and staging.

Honored Contributor

Yoga

meeting someone for lunch

shopping

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I did laundry for my trucker daughter who made it home at 4 a.m., and heads back out tomorrow.   

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Hate to tell you , but sweet potatoes are almost pure carbs.

Respected Contributor

Nothing too exciting. 

Did 30 minutes of lap swim follwed by an hour of Hydro-Fit this morning.

Went to the farmer's market and stocked up on beef, pork & chicken for the freezer, along with fresh eggs, produce, butter & cheese.

10 mile bike ride.

Laundry.

Roasted a turkey tenderloin & asparagus for dinner. Quite the accomplishment for someone who has absolutely no interest in cooking. 

Now I'm relaxing with a glass of wine and hoping the Preds win one tonight. I'll be lucky if I stay awake thru the end of the 2nd period. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Went to grandson's graduation open house.  Good food.  Good time.  After that we went to daughter's house to meet with other grandson and get to know his fiance better and meet her little boy. They are planning a Spring wedding in 2018.  It was a good day.

Honored Contributor

@151949. Yes sweet potatoes have carbs, but are lower on the glycemic index because it's more difficult for your body to digest than white potatoes.