Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR TODAY?

Either or both, Shanus.  Whatever appeals.

Well, that's a drag. I could have sworn "Churchill" was going to be at our local theater today, but NO, it is not!  Don't know if I'm in a "Wonder Woman" mood (it seems awfully long) although the reviews look good...

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny. I'm a homebody, too. Spend much too much time alone in my studio making jewelry or painting. I'm probably only out for several hours at a time to do food shopping, errands, etc. Traffic doesn't bother me, but crowds are iffy. The more I'm alone, the less patience I'm having for people.

Making the effort to get out for yoga classes, meet friends for lunch once or twice a month (but 1 at a time). Enjoy being alone and have learned over the decades to entertain myself...a necessary lesson for everyone. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. Seems the best movies come out near the holidays. Rats!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm going to start laying out all the clothes and toiletries that I'll be packing for our trip to Québec. We're not leaving until next week, but I'm a planner who doesn't like doing anything last-minute. My husband, on the other hand, always waits until the last minute to pack. He invariably forgets something because everything is done in a hurriy. Being together for over 50 years, we each accept the other's habits.

Esteemed Contributor

Doing some laundry and hanging outside and have a million (I exaggerate) errands to run.  Some I don't mind, others are necessary.  Beautiful day today so that helps so much.  Hope to relax this evening.  Have a good and blessed day, friends!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Allegheny. I'm a homebody, too. Spend much too much time alone in my studio making jewelry or painting. I'm probably only out for several hours at a time to do food shopping, errands, etc. Traffic doesn't bother me, but crowds are iffy. The more I'm alone, the less patience I'm having for people.

Making the effort to get out for yoga classes, meet friends for lunch once or twice a month (but 1 at a time). Enjoy being alone and have learned over the decades to entertain myself...a necessary lesson for everyone. 

I swear...if I were not married, I would be a hermit. I love time to myself and quiet. DH is very outgoing, so I get out far more than I would choose to. I also get together with friends every 2-3 weeks for lunch. I prefer one at a time too. I'm thinking of enrolling in a yoga class also.

I have some friends who cannot stand to be alone. I have always read that if you cannot be comfortable being alone, you become dependent on others for comfort.

I wish I were more creative, but it is not in my genes. I love to read...and I play flute/piccolo.Do a little creative writing also. That's about as creative as I get.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

I believe  it is going to be close to 90 here today so staying inside and trying to stay cool.  Bought some Frosty Paws for the dogs for today, think they will need them mid-afternoon.  Planted a lavender plant this morning in a pot I pulled out while doing yard work yesterday.  Love the smell!  Had a dream last night I was going to jail - looked it up in my dream book - said it "reveals a state of self-confinement".  Yep, that's me - I'm stuck in my house all day long or working out in yard - never do anything fun.  Guess it's trying to tell me to get out and have some fun. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

It's 63 degrees right now.  Like you, I gotta get out with the world's greatest dog before it gets warmer.

Must step away from the computer...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal. Yep. Sounds like an outing of some type is in order. 🙂

Esteemed Contributor

Were down at the beach and we are having people over tonight for dinner. We are going to the farmers market to pick up some stuff and then my husband and I were going to take my grandson paddleboarding. He loves doing that.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK