Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Chores around the house as my car is being serviced. 100K miles.

Went through my summer tops & tees, pulled several out to donate. Way too many tops. 

Organizing shelves in my garage, a job I have been putting off for months.

Cleaned up two Le Creuset cast iron skillets I picked up at thrift. One is very small, cute and old- a lot of wear around the inner edge but the sand enameled cook surface is fine. That set me back $1.00.  The other is a 11" (?) skillet in Cerise. It was in pretty rough shape but certainly worth the $4.00 I paid. One inside area to clean a second time. It's looking almost like new!

Will pick up my car in a few hours and hope to have enough time to stop by a couple of nurseries on the way home for flowers and herbs for my deck planters.

Honored Contributor

Contacted two businesses with good results. Our driveway will be repaired "soon". The replacement for a window that failed will be installed Thursday morning. There is some kind of gas between the double panes of our new windows and one of them got condensation inside. I'm glad both businesses responded so quickly.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG, it is always great news when businesses respond in a timely manner, it will be nice when they complete the work you need done.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here

have not turned on air just yet, found out those new electric meters installed last week by our town our rates will double to triple,less is better, till it gets so humid you can't stand it, will just use window fans. this is how we survived growing up.

not much else, did walk, did chores, clothes drying on the line.

later guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

have an eye check tomorrow afternoon.

did chores

did walk

hung out clothes on line.

house still opened, quite comfortable outside today, actually nice breeze.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hey all

got my eyes checked, not change in script. did get new frames and new computer glasses. I sat on the frames a while ago and crushed them pretty good.

did chores, normal walk this morn,shortened walk this afternoon.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much new here. is anyone posting on this thread any longer. 

not much new here, going to turn on air today becoming stifling heat hot.

ok guys, later.

Honored Contributor

Looks like people are choosing to not post here anymore @viva923.

Respected Contributor

Hi all! So hot & humid here so had to turn on the central air. DH uncovered the unit, checked it out & now it is very nice in here.

Every summer is the same between us. He says "oh it's not too bad" & I am ready for a/c when it hits 72 degrees. There is no living with me if I am hot! Then it's the finding an agreeable temp to set the thermostat at!

Ran out to Walgreens & then Kroger; it is called Pick & Save here. Picked up some delicious cherries, blueberries & strawberries for dessert. Too hot to cook so takeout pizza for dinner. We go to our favorite local place. Run by a nice family & we've gone there for about 30 yrs or so!

Everyone enjoy the weekend. I hope all stay cool & healthy.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

Looks like people are choosing to not post here anymore @viva923.

@RetRN, and I miss seeing you over on the 60s group. I hope you are doing well.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich