Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Related image

Good Tuesday Morning to All!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

hello all today

today it is quiet. DH is back at work.

sheet day, last load in dryer. wouldn't you know tomorrow back to sunshine. would have loved to hang out my sheets on my clothes line.

ok guys that is all for now. will check in later

Honored Contributor

Thinking of you @ShowMe , just a few days away until you have your sister with you!

Trying hard to not eat some of the Halloween candy. Every year my husband tells me to buy it the day before but every year I continue to buy it a few weeks before. LOL

Prayers for all going through a rough time. Heart

Honored Contributor

The sister-in-law that was hosting Thanksgiving had to back out because of surgery that week. I'm not stepping up to host 50 people, but we will host a family card party in November and I'll make hot turkey sandwiches and some other fixings. That way, if there is no family Thanksgiving this year, at least the nine siblings will have gotten together.

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe  Just wanted to get in touch with you while I have some time.Thinking of you and prayers for Sheri,her husband,and of course you.

Have fun with your sister.I know it will be a good visit.Take care.

Honored Contributor

hello all

Auntg that is really nice for you to have a family card party in November. As you said at least the 9 of siblings will get together. I have not heard that expression for many years (since I left Wisconsin) "family card party".  my parents would have these as well as the 4 brothers and sisters would host something like this when I was growing up.

not much this afternoon.

got walk in.

it is a humid wet, nuisance rainy day. heavy stuff is just west of us. a front is ready to move in.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

I got flu shot yesterday and was warned about that i'd have mild flu symptoms reaction.   I went to bed early last night and woke up with every muscle of my body aching.  

Slowly duing the day the pain has subsided. I had a long hot bubble bath soak.

So, i'm not doing anything except eating and napping.  I have an appt tomorrow that I can't change.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

Auntg that is really nice for you to have a family card party in November. As you said at least the 9 of siblings will get together. I have not heard that expression for many years (since I left Wisconsin) "family card party".  my parents would have these as well as the 4 brothers and sisters would host something like this when I was growing up.

=====

I know you are from my part of WI @viva923 so you can relate. I purposely didn't mention the name of the card game (Sheephead) because many posters would have thought that I'm crazy.

Super Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Rain, strong winds, and thunder here today. 

I went through cookbooks and selected my choices for Thanksgiving, I am single and live alone so will be cooking for myself. Since I was an RN for 40 years I worked many holidays and had my holiday meals in the hospital  cafeteria.

I will make kickin' pork chops, fantastic potatoes, and easy family-style corn. I will buy myself a slice of pumpkin pie for dessert.

My holiday decorating will be done and I will turn on the fireplace and just enjoy the day. Might even start working on my Christmas cards in the evening.

Wishing everyone here a nice day. 

I have a trial at the beginning of the week and my DH is leaving with the boys at the beginning of the week to go out of state to his parents. I've not even thought of what I could make for dinner. Maybe an old fashioned turkey TV dinner and an Edwards PieSlice ? I do think working on the Christmas cards is a very good idea.

My Sister is a Dr and more times than not eats in the cafeteria. She doesn't really mind since she is not married and in fact often volunteers to work. 

Honored Contributor

Image result for good morning autumn wednesday

Good Wednesday Morning to Everyone!

@ShowMe   One more day!   I am so glad your sister is coming to visit and I hope you are doing ok today.

@hellie jo   It was good to see you pop in and please know that you and your son are in thought and prayer. 

Sending {{{hugs}}} to all-not just to those who post but also to those who read here.

I hope this thread brings some comfort to you, whoever you may be.

Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh