Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Happy Friday everyone.  Yes, it's TGIF.....thank goodness.

It's a beautiful day here, the sun is shinning and no wind.  

Have had a busy day so far.....been on here posting quite a bit, got my grocery order in yesterday for delivery today....and it has been delivered and everything has been put away.  

Am still in my jammies....and have had my breakfast and taken my pills, still have to get dressed and make my bed.  Also have a few things I need to get done today because Jeanne will be here tomorrow morning to clean.  Really need it.

Management has been in the basement checking out the water leak at my washer cold water faucet.  Not sure what they will be doing.....waiting to hear when he is finished here.  Lynn is waiting too, as she has the same problem.  

Will be watching this afternoon's game.  Hope the Cardinals can win again.  That's about it. 

Honored Contributor

ShowMe,

Believe me, I understand how you arrived at your decision.  Only you and you alone fully know how much energy you have for a fight.  You are picking your battles now, and I can tell you have thought your decision through.

The wife of a friend of mine recently switched to a pill after having gone through some tough chemo treatments.  Sadly, those treatments did not stop her cancer from moving from her breast to other parts of her body.  She has been on the pill about a month now, and other than having really bad nausea for a few days after taking the pill, she seems to be doing okay.  We are all praying this pill kills her cancer cells.

Have on hand to eat and drink whatever the medical experts recommend to eat when you have a sick stomach.  You will be glad you have those items handy when and if you need them.

A colleague in my office was an elderly male who had been divorced for decades.  To  "keep safe" since he had no one to send out during sick times, he always kept Gatorade, canned chicken noodle soup and saltine crackers handy before the flu season started.  I thought that was a wise plan.

I am rooting for you and praying for you!  My best to you, always!

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

ShowMe,

Believe me, I understand how you arrived at your decision.  Only you and you alone fully know how much energy you have for a fight.  You are picking your battles now, and I can tell you have thought your decision through.

The wife of a friend of mine recently switched to a pill after having gone through some tough chemo treatments.  Sadly, those treatments did not stop her cancer from moving from her breast to other parts of her body.  She has been on the pill about a month now, and other than having really bad nausea for a few days after taking the pill, she seems to be doing okay.  We are all praying this pill kills her cancer cells.

Have on hand to eat and drink whatever the medical experts recommend to eat when you have a sick stomach.  You will be glad you have those items handy when and if you need them.

A colleague in my office was an elderly male who had been divorced for decades.  To  "keep safe" since he had no one to send out during sick times, he always kept Gatorade, canned chicken noodle soup and saltine crackers handy before the flu season started.  I thought that was a wise plan.

I am rooting for you and praying for you!  My best to you, always!

@golding76.....yes, I have carefully thought this through.  Know in my heart that I just couldn't do the radiation.  It would just take too much energy that I don't really have much of at this point.  Even Lynn noticed that the other day when I got to the radiation center.....had to go get help to help me out of the car....just couldn't get up.  An employee there came with a belt to help get me up.  Had been in and out of the car and in the doctor's office, many doors to go through.....  She knew at that point I was already tired.

The kind of cancer a person gets after having had breast cancer is different than what I have.  My friend Sheri, is going through that now.  She is under the care of the same oncologist I am.  

Have been stocking up on different foods that I think I will be able to eat....and drink.  Also have a good supply of BOOST....  Dr. G will see to it that I get nausea pills when that time comes....did that when I was on OPDIVO.  Glad your friend seems to be doing pretty good now. and will say a prayer for her that it does kill the cancer cells.

Have on hand those same things your male friend has, plus a few different things.  Ice cream can be very soothing to the soul too.  

Lynn said she would take me to Walgreen's next week to get my flu shot.  So important for cancer patients.  Won't be going out much once I'm on the pill.  Immune system can only do so much....so need to be careful and cautious.

Once again, thanks for your encouraging words and your prayers.

Respected Contributor

My son is at his home now.My last trip to the hospital.I am so glad my children are all back in their homes now.Going back and forth to the hospital is so tiring for me.Strange how everything was happening at about the same time.

I call my daughter the bionic woman because of her leg.It is metal plates and screws.She is doing fine.Still can"t put weight on her left leg and has to hop around with a walker.

I will be doing nothing for a few days except for some cooking and a little cleaning.

Weather here is so nice,high 70"s and sun.

Continued prayers for all and please take care.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

My son is at his home now.My last trip to the hospital.I am so glad my children are all back in their homes now.Going back and forth to the hospital is so tiring for me.Strange how everything was happening at about the same time.

I call my daughter the bionic woman because of her leg.It is metal plates and screws.She is doing fine.Still can"t put weight on her left leg and has to hop around with a walker.

I will be doing nothing for a few days except for some cooking and a little cleaning.

Weather here is so nice,high 70"s and sun.

Continued prayers for all and please take care.

@hellie jo.....wonderful news that your son is back home.....and no more trips to the hospital for you.  Am sure you are tired, and need the weekend to rest up....except for cooking and a little cleaning.  Yes, it does seem like everything hit you at one time.

Glad your DD is on the mend.  That walker thing must be tiring for her.  But at least she is getting around.  Can't for the life of me understand how she is getting along with all those screws and metal plate.   

You take care dear lady.....you deserve some rest now.

Have a good Friday evening and weekend.

Think I better sign out for a while....have been getting kicked out and having to sign back in.....a few times now.

Honored Contributor

Cardinals just won 2 to 1......  Two down, two to go with the Cubs.

Thought they were going to blow it.  They had Martinez pitching and he is not a good closer pitcher.  Don't know why Schildt brought him in.  The pitcher that was there was doing a pretty job of pitching.  

Honored Contributor

Ok, calling it a night.  Seems like everyone is taking time out to relax on a Friday night.  I have been doing the same thing.  

Am ready to have my apartment cleaned tomorrow morning.  

So, here's wishing all SWEET DREAMS tonight, and remember that hug and kiss.....  Blessings...Heart

Honored Contributor

`hey all

not much tonight. Watching many of my dvr’ed movies. Am on Tarzan now. It is a 1942 made during the war movie.

not much else going on. 430am comes early. Tomorrow no walks, Saturday is my day off.

ok guys see all tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

hey all

been pushing along since 430am. did minor chores today. got my clothes out for church, did quick press on them. I don't like to look like I took a nap in them (all wrinkled).

hung clothes on line only put up the smaller umbrella lines today. saturday wash load is small.

well guys that is all for now. will check in later.

Esteemed Contributor

Just trying to wake up with coffee and toast my usual. Gave the cats fresh water and food. Suppose to be hotter today-90's. ugh!