Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

I slept on the couch last night in order to keep the fire going; turned the kitchen light off at 2 a.m., temperature at that time was 5 degrees, and was up again at 3:55 a.m., and the reading was 1 degree.   My husband fixed the fire at 6:30, then he dozed in his recliner, while I dozed on the couch until nearly 9.   

After I showered and dressed, I straightened the house, started a load of towels, and got things ready for the Home Health nurse.   With a fridge full of leftovers, supper was easy.   I’ve spent the evening trying to stay awake, so I’ll sleep tonight.   Our temperature is at 15, so it is very cold, but I won’t be feeding the fire all night tonight.   Looking forward to a high of 38 tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

It's been a crazy day here today.  Will tell you about it tomorrow.  Right now I am pretty tired, and am going to sign off for the night.  

Haven't even read the new posts on here yet, but will do it in the morning and will respond.  

Here's hoping all have had a good day.  And now hoping that all have a good night's sleep.  And, no snoring...LOL

SWEET DREAMS one and all.  

Respected Contributor

Good Morning girls...it is 28 here, warm compared to where most of you are.When I got up at five it was 56 in the house, I got a big fire going,should warm up a bit. I did't post yesterday due to a migraine..needed to rest my eyes..My DILs Brother was moved yesterday to a rehab,2 hours away. no change in his condition....

Honored Contributor

Trying to stay warm.

Honored Contributor

@Frau K wrote:

Hello,

today was a high of 66. My SIL and I hiked the mountain near our house for about an hour. Then we met our friend and her mom for Dim Sum. Her mom wanted to take us for lunch because we did some work for her around her house. We had fun. My DD wanted to go to michaels so I went next door to famous footwear. I ended up leaving with for pairs of shoes. At least they were all on sale. Also stopped in at bed bath and beyond and got a couple of candles. I can get used to days like this.😄  Still have one more load of laundry. I’ve been playing around too much...

@Frau K.......66, how heavenly that would be.  Great temps for a hike.  Sounds like you had a great day.  Yep, you will had laundry to do, as it was waiting for you.  

Now you can get caught up with doing things at home.  Have a great day.

Honored Contributor

@baglemom wrote:

@ShowMe  I did almost freeze this morning! 

I have been following this thread and enjoying it very much. I decided to join in.  This morning it was -11 here in southwestern  WI. We are forecasted to get 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow. Right now it's 17 degrees. 

I work and tomorrow might be an interesting drive home. 

I'm making pizza for dinner tonight. Keeping it easy!

@baglemom.....welcome aboard our thread.  It's a great bunch of posters that are always busy.  Love hearing what they have planned for each day.  And, we do talk about the weather a lot.  

Sounds like you will have to be careful driving home from work today.  No slippin n sliddin ya hear.  Seriously, hope you make it safe and sound.  

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I slept on the couch last night in order to keep the fire going; turned the kitchen light off at 2 a.m., temperature at that time was 5 degrees, and was up again at 3:55 a.m., and the reading was 1 degree.   My husband fixed the fire at 6:30, then he dozed in his recliner, while I dozed on the couch until nearly 9.   

After I showered and dressed, I straightened the house, started a load of towels, and got things ready for the Home Health nurse.   With a fridge full of leftovers, supper was easy.   I’ve spent the evening trying to stay awake, so I’ll sleep tonight.   Our temperature is at 15, so it is very cold, but I won’t be feeding the fire all night tonight.   Looking forward to a high of 38 tomorrow!

@RedTop......I didn't realize that you heat your home with wood.....what a chore that must be.  Believe there are a few of you that heat with wood.  

Know you were glad when you could finally get a few things accomplished.  Nothing like left overs when you are tired.  Hope you got a full night's sleep.  

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Good Morning girls...it is 28 here, warm compared to where most of you are.When I got up at five it was 56 in the house, I got a big fire going,should warm up a bit. I did't post yesterday due to a migraine..needed to rest my eyes..My DILs Brother was moved yesterday to a rehab,2 hours away. no change in his condition....

@fourpaws56.....good morning to you too.  We are a bit warmer here this morning than you are.  It is 31 out there.  56 in the house is pretty chilly.  

Sorry you had a migraine.  Hope it is gone today.  

Glad they got him moved and it is closer to where you all live.  They will be working on him a lot and his work is cut out for him to get better.  This has to be hard on him.  Still have him in my prayers.

Take care sweetie.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Trying to stay warm.

@RetRN.....that seems to be what all of us are doing.  Tired of the very cold temps.  

Super Contributor

Hello,

Today I’m going to the bank for my DS’s shop, dropping it off also. I do her payroll and paying bills also. She has enough on her plate so I try to help out. Also to Costco to pick up some RXs. Hopefully I’ll get to that last load,😆 

Tonight it’s hamburger helper. My DD likes it. I do doctor it up with onions and veggies. fourpaws56, sorry about your migraine. It’s always good when they pass. I remember years ago I used it get them, always called them sick headaches. Funny thing was when they stopped hurting I wanted a cheeseburger! Weird