Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@blackhole99 wrote:

Not much, didn't get up until later today and didn't have to be anywhere so today was kind of a bust. I did make supper though, Spanish rice and a green salad.

@blackhole99.....nothing wrong with sleeping late.  I did it too....got up at about 11:15.  Dinner sounds delicious.  I had one of Marie's dinners.....roast beef, potatoes, and green beans.....had a delicious gravy in it.  Once finished I mixed all of it together.  Was full when finished.  

Honored Contributor

It's been thundering. lightening, and raining where I live....  It hasn't hit down at Busch Stadium yet.  They do keep talking about it though.  Hope they get the game in.

Honored Contributor

hello all tonight,

not much going on. Dh did not get home from work till 830pm, problems at his work again. He wanted to stop off at friendlys for a bite to eat but he smelled so bad from sweat,and dirt he just drove home, i made him a quick sandwich. After his bath he ate the small sandwich and chips. He is just relaxing and reading the newspaper..

well guys that is all the news for tonight. See all tomorrow. Another day of heat and humid . 

Ok later guys

Honored Contributor

I was up early to make a Kroger run for dog food, milk, and a couple of other items I specifically buy there.   Picked up breakfast and was home by 10:00.   

Summer is great here right now; last 3 days have been in the range of 84-87, beautiful, hot summer days, no humidity.  I am enjoying every minute, and thankful to have no visible skin cancers for the first time in 2 years.   I am being very careful about exposure.

@ShowMe, my husband has been on Gabapentin for many years to help with neuropathy pain from diabetes.   He is on the maximum dose of 3200 mg daily, along with other meds for pain relief.   It takes at least 2 good weeks for your body to adjust to this medication, so please don’t give up on it yet.   I was told by our Home Health nurse that Gabapentin is now one of the drugs commonly sought out on the street.   If you ever suspect you are running a temperature, always take your temperature before you take this medication, as you will not get an accurate reading with this drug in your system.   Months ago when my husband had bad cellulitis infections, ER nurses were always commenting about no temperature!   I always had to remind them of the 3 medications with analgesic properties he takes daily that were responsible for his consistent below normal body temperatures.   The looks I got were a mixture of light bulb moments, and huh?  

Honored Contributor

I’m taking it easy today....not even going to the gym. I was awake early to clean house, change linens and do laundry. Nothing was done while GD here. Really tired. Now I see why kids are for the younger set. 😁

Honored Contributor

Image result for deer good morning gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all tonight,

not much going on. Dh did not get home from work till 830pm, problems at his work again. He wanted to stop off at friendlys for a bite to eat but he smelled so bad from sweat,and dirt he just drove home, i made him a quick sandwich. After his bath he ate the small sandwich and chips. He is just relaxing and reading the newspaper..

well guys that is all the news for tonight. See all tomorrow. Another day of heat and humid . 

Ok later guys

@viva923.....bet your DH enjoyed the sandwich and chips more than where he would have gone.  Am sure he was tired and good that he could relax.

Hope you have a good day today.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop.....yes, I am still taking it....and my body has adjusted to it.  It really does stop the itching and hurting.  Guess I will have to take this the rest of my life.  

This is one of the side affects from the cancer treatment I was on for so long.  That darn cancer.  Will be having the biopsy procedure done next Wednesday....not looking forward to that.  Have ordered some ice cream and chicken noodle soup because they told me that my throat will probably be sore for a day or so.  Good excuse for ice cream.....lol

Wonderful that you have no visible skin cancers this time.  Please continue to be very careful of the sun exposure.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Image result for deer good morning gif

@Cakers3.....the same to you.  Beautiful picture this morning.

Honored Contributor

Morning everyone.  Sun is having a hard time coming out today.  Supposed to get up to only 79 for a high today.  That is a nice temp.

Really had terrific storms here last night.  Lots of thunder and lightening....and of course rain.  The Cardinals and Brewers game was called in the 8ith inning.  So, that made the Cardinals have a lost game.  Score was 5 to 3.  Who knows if they could have won or not.  Went to bed before I knew it was cancelled.....they were in a storm mode so I went to bed.

Woke up at 7:15....after a good night's sleep.  Am still in my jajmies, and need to get moving ASAP to get ready for grocery delivery.  Went ahead and got my small order in this morning.....ordered some ice cream and cream of tomato soup....for next week.  Shopper has finished my shopping, and it could be up to about 1 hour before they get here.  They keep frozen foods and cold foods in their fridge and freezer until delivery nis to be made.

Read a beautiful news item on MSN page this morning.  It was from Chip Gaines of Fixer Upper.  It was on KINDNESS.....real worthwhile to go and find it and read it.  

Ok, gotta get off now....groceries are on their way.....13 minutes away....tracking them.  More later.