Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@Frau K wrote:

Yum!!!!! Goulash and red cabbage!!! One of my most favorite meals.

@Frau K......yes, @fourpaws56 loves to cook.  Her meals are always very healthy....cooks for her 2 grandchildren, and she wants them to have healthy foods.....

Honored Contributor

It's almost 9:00 pm here, and I am very tired tonight.  Had a rough day with my back, and thinking I need to go get into my jammies in a few minutes.

So, I'm signing out for the night.  Here's hoping that all of you have SWEET DREAMS tonight.  See you some time tomorrow.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

hello all

Showme, I washed both mattress pads at once because my front load washer is huge drum both fit in the machine at one time.

I only use 1 mattress pad per week on the bed mattress. These new pads are not as thick at the double tuffed brands you see in many store, they are not over stuffed.  They are just simple mattress pads. Easy wash and dry.  Excellent priced too. My mattress is huge. We have an aireloom mattress. 

Watching t.v. Now. Wash is doing its thing/dryer doing the same. Am on the Thin Man series movies right now. I DVR’ed them . Love that series.

It is snowing outside. Roads still clear.  Suppose to get 3=5 inches tonight.  

OK guys am done for tonight, will try to check in tomorrow.

Valued Contributor

I went to the gym for a two hour workout then went to Target to spend my $50 gift card (a Christmas present) and bought a 5 qt. Crockpot cast iron dutch oven and some groceries.

I then took my two nieces out to lunch at a retro diner.

For dinner, I made shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta and a simple salad.

It was a GREAT day.

Respected Contributor

Good Sunday morning or afternoon all...lazy day for me, I am enjoying my coffee and my second piece of coffee cake ( I made yesterday)I try to rest on Sunday, I will be taking the kids to the park once it warms up, it's 36 right now but suppose to get to 60..another storm coming in Monday, so glad,Ca. sure needs it. How is your back showme? Hope it's better today xo

Honored Contributor

@viva923....thanks for explaining about the mattress pads....  Mine is one of those over stuffed.  Mine weren't cheap, but are very good.  Believe me when I say mine doesn't get washed every time I change the sheets.  I do have a top load washer....getting old now, but still does a wonderful job.  It is a large load washer, and also has a hand wash cycle on it.  

Can't DVR any shows on my TV.  But, that is ok with me.  My TV is getting old now, and not sure what I will get when it dies.  Have Charter as my provider, and will have to deal with them when I do get a new one.  They will have to come and get it all connected up for me.

Hope you didn't get a lot of snow.  Believe it or not, it has still been snowing off and on here this morning.  Just went to check what it is doing out there right now.....and it isn't doing anything.....  So maybe, just maybe, it is done.  Hope you have a good day.

Honored Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

I went to the gym for a two hour workout then went to Target to spend my $50 gift card (a Christmas present) and bought a 5 qt. Crockpot cast iron dutch oven and some groceries.

I then took my two nieces out to lunch at a retro diner.

For dinner, I made shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta and a simple salad.

It was a GREAT day.

@manhattan1950.....I don't know anyone that does their grocery shopping at Target....but knew it was available there.  How do you like their groceries???

Guess you will be using that 5 qt. Crockpot today.  Am sure you will like it.  Love the one I recently purchased.  Not as big as your new one.  

Was thinking of what I want to fix for my dinner this evening.  Do have some shrimp that I purchased. and may make that with some diced seasoned tomatoes and pasta of some kind.  Can't eat salads because of my teeth situation, so will probably drink some V8 juice for my veggies.  Or might fix one of my frozen steamers of veggies.  

You are one busy woman....2 hours at the gym, then out to lunch with your two nieces....then fixed your dinner.  

Here's hoping today is as good as yesterday for you.

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Good Sunday morning or afternoon all...lazy day for me, I am enjoying my coffee and my second piece of coffee cake ( I made yesterday)I try to rest on Sunday, I will be taking the kids to the park once it warms up, it's 36 right now but suppose to get to 60..another storm coming in Monday, so glad,Ca. sure needs it. How is your back showme? Hope it's better today xo

@fourpaws56.....glad to hear you are having a lazy day.  Have fun at the park with those 2 little ones.  

60 would be nice here....I'm jealous.....lol.  If we could have some rain, it would surely help getting rid of some of those high mounds of plowed snow out on the parking lot.

Back is still hurting, but now as much as yesterday.  Do believe the weather has a lot to do with that.  It is on the fractured side, and do believe Arthur has set in there.  Trying not to take any of the pain pills I have.  And now I finally was able to get some Tylenol ES fast acting gel caps.  So if it starts acting up today, will take 2 of those dudes.  

Have a wonderful afternoon.....love ya....

Honored Contributor

hello all

right now it looks like we have about 4 inch snow. still not finished in a lull, next round due in about 3pm

cold outside. took my morn walk today.

will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Hoping everyone here is doing well today!

Trucker daughter hit the road early this morning, which meant I got up at an hour I’m not used to seeing since I retired!   We had freezing rain last night, so everything was coated in ice, and we did not get the snowfall predicted for this area.   Our temperature has stayed around 30, so there’s been no melting all day.   Snowflakes started falling within the last hour, but unless they intensify significantly, there won’t be any accumulation.   

I went back to bed and finished out my normal sleep routine.   Husband and I made it a lazy pajama day, which I have thoroughly enjoyed.   

Even on a lazy day, I had several loads of laundry to do.  Also took teacher daughters laundry off the drying racks, folded, and put in her room.  

Cleaned both bathrooms and wiped doorknobs; always trying to eliminate any surface bacteria since my husband is still struggling with a bacterial infection in his foot.  

Swiffered the entire house, and gathered the trash.   

Fixed slawdogs for lunch, and made pudding to use up the last of the milk before it goes bad.   

Walked thru the living room and saw my husband napping again.   His bedroom slippers were off, so I could tell his dressing had seeped.   Something told me to go check it, and the outer layer was wet, so I woke him up with the news I was changing the dressing.    Home Health will be here tomorrow, but I don’t let him wear a dirty dressing.   

Now its its time to think about supper, so am offering my husband the choice of grilled cheese and tomato soup, or chili macaroni made from the burrito meat trucker daughter made last night.