Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

@mousiegirl,

We currently have one gray male chinchilla, but have had as many as 3.   They all started out as pets in my teacher daughters classroom; came here for a holiday break, or snow days, and never returned to school!  

We lost our females in 2017, due to overgrown teeth.   Despite always having multiple chew blocks in their cage to help with this problem, we also took them to the vet to have their teeth filed down, which actually seemed to make their problems worse.   

Yes, we do get Little Boy out of his cage daily to play.   He runs back and forth across the couch, jumps over to the coffee table, and from there jumps over to my husbands recliner.   He often sits on my husbands shoulder.   He is cute, and provides much entertainment for us, but he is definitely the last one!    

@RedTop  LOL, what fun!  Did you know that Martha Stewart has chinchillas as pets?  I saw it in one of her magazines years ago, and know that she still has them.  Apparently, she gets home late and they are ready to play then, lol.

I had rabbits most of my life, but not now, just the wild that hop around here.  I knew someone whose rabbit's teeth grew and it also died.  I never had that problem with all that I had, used to rescue them,  neuter and spay them so that a male and female could be in the same run and share the same hutch which DH built, three in three runs, took the legs down to the ground so they didn't need a ramp, lest they fall off.

Super Contributor

Hello, today a girlfriend and I hiked the mountain near our home. We also went for lunch and to her moms house to set up a TV for her. We had a high of 70 degrees. Phoenix area. Tonight just a simple chicken salad for dinner.

Honored Contributor

@Frau K...dh and I set up a new tv for our back porch...OMG, after spendig an hour on our own we spent 20+ minutes on the phone because the volume would not come on!!  Setting up a tv is not like they used be....technology has moved fast had dh has not kept up!

Honored Contributor

@viva923.......  interesting.....  You said you were washing up 2 mattress pads.....  Do you mean you use 2 mattress pads at one time????     20" is a pretty deep mattress.  Think mine is about 16".  The bottom part of the bed is 1/2 of what the regular is because my bed was too high for me to get into.  I'm in a dilemma now because I think I need a whole new bed.  Dread having to do that.  

Ok, see you tomorrow.....

Super Contributor

Momtodogs... you are sooo right about the TVs nowadays! I helped unpack and set on stand. My friend did all the set up. Very complicated....

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Thank you @ShowMe.....the last visit I told my DH I felt like I was going to have a stress heart attack, and if you knew me, I don't stress over things to much.  It is so hard to believe we have the same mother ~we are polar opposites.

@Mom2Dogs.....that's a good possibility that is what it was. And, I don't believe that opposites attract.  But you will have to be aware of this while she is there.....and excuse your self for a while to calm down.   

Honored Contributor

ShowMe,

I heard on my news the amount of snow you were receiving.  Please stay warm, dry and emPOWERed.  Be safe.

Honored Contributor

@golding76......This is so sad.  Such a trusting soul.  You can't be that way today.  Gosh, the last thing I do at night before I go to bed is check the front and back doors to my apartment to be sure I'm locked in.  Have never heard of anything that has happened at this complex, but there is always a first time.  Hard to believe that this woman and her accomplice could do what they did without anyone hearing something.  Did they call the police to report it?  You said she is 90, how old are the others that live with her?  Are any of them hard of hearing?  Could she describe what the woman looked like?

They probably left as soon as they got the stash out of the house.  Didn't want to stick around in case someone would wake up and find them there.

Honored Contributor

Here we are at the end of another day.  Going to sign off for the night.  Will return tomorrow some time.  I still need to get into my jammies, get Mr. Lucky his snack as he has been begging for it.  A nightly thing for him to do.  And, I am kind of tired now.

Sleep well everyone and SWEET DREAMS.  

Honored Contributor

My friend reported this to the police.  Like you, I thought it odd that no one heard anything.

The relatives had just traveled from Massachusetts to Virginia and were exhausted.  I believe they must be up in years because they are related to my friend through her sister's husband.  I've never met them, and they spent only that one night with her before going to visit another relative. 

Yes, my friend has always been trusting but no longer.  As she put it, "evil" visited her.  On another post, I believe I wrote that she has always felt protected by God and has no fears.  She is feisty.

With my luck (and my need to get up in the middle of the night), I would have encountered the crooks in action, confronted them and gotten myself killed.