Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

hey all

not much today

sunny and humid

had pest guy come out to the house and spray-have ants inthe house again hope the stuff he sprayed gets them good

hung out clothes

have eye check at 1pm. ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Last night, severe thunderstorms rolled through. It was too wet to do yard work, so we took a ride to an Amish general store. Many years ago, the lady who prepared the appetizer bar at a restaurant gave me a recipe for the sauce she put on cocktail sausages. It's easy to make, but calls for red currant jelly. That's something I can't find in grocery stores, but the country store had it for just $2.99 a jar! I thought I'd won the lottery.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus, thumbs up for you & your great test results! It is hard to get the blood glucose under control. I am Type 1 & some days are a real challenge. But so far all is ok. When I fall off the horse, I get right back on!
Respected Contributor

@AuntG, I never heard of currant jam. That sounds like a good recipe. This weather has been a doozy, all the rain & storms.
Honored Contributor

hey all

we have that very unsettled weather today

rainy off/on-humid very warm

hair cut day for us today

not much else. later guys

Honored Contributor

It is a beautiful day here, temp is 72 and it is sunny. 

Appointments are done for this week, saw dentist on Monday and urologist today.

We may be getting thunderstorms again tomorrow night so will monitor the forecast closely.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MOMMAVik wrote:
@icezeus, thumbs up for you & your great test results! It is hard to get the blood glucose under control. I am Type 1 & some days are a real challenge. But so far all is ok. When I fall off the horse, I get right back on!

@MOMMAVik 

My mom was Type 1, she was diagnosed at the age of 4. I think of all of the tools that are available now, that my mom did not have. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

did get morn walk in

super sunny-did hang out today-decent nor west breeze. not much else. later guys.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday..daughter and i went out for lunch  and went to 3 thrift stores...then came home.

We are  now under a severe t-storm  warning until 1pm...

It got so dark ou t   i had to turn my lights on, I hear some thunder  now  and wind picked up!

Miss seeing "cakers" posting here...i hope she and her family ok...saying prayers for her🙏

and her family🙏

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

It is 69 and cloudy here. I went out for lunch with my neighbors and we had a brief downpour while we were eating. Thunderstorms are forecast for later into the evening and night. 

I will be able to have leftovers for dinner. I ordered smothered chicken and it was delicious, it was two breasts so I was able to bring one home.

@cowboy sam, I'm glad you were able to go out for lunch with your daughter and do some thrift store browsing or shopping. Stay safe in the storms. I just heard that it is going to be a very bad season for hurricanes.

They usually send a lot of humidity our way. Ugh!