Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

hello all

air quality is rotten today. smokey fire haze just hanging around. we are in an OMEGA blocking air pattern now, hopefully the low up in canada will begin to break down this weekend and move out come monday next week.

got info on car, it is being repaired, waiting on more parts. car is in body shop and paint shop today for repair of back door and back side panel. we wait till it is repaired.

not much else. later guys.

Honored Contributor

Hello to all who post and read.❤️

DH still asleep and I did some light chores and now I'm done for the day.

Be well.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Hi @cowboy sam! So happy to hear about your walks. I hope it is helping to lessen your pain. Enjoy your summer days while they last. I hope your DS is doing well.
Honored Contributor

Spent morning at the garage getting our SUV repaired. The 'check engine' light came on last week. Then we had a really good lunch at a Mexican restaurant. My intention was to make Chicken Parmesan tonight, but no way can we eat that much.

Honored Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
Hi @cowboy sam! So happy to hear about your walks. I hope it is helping to lessen your pain. Enjoy your summer days while they last. I hope your DS is doing well.

@MOMMAVik 

ty. for asking about my oldest son.🤗.....son isn't in remission yet...but getting closer.Smiley Happy. i should be hearing from him ver y soon with lastest results...he was disapointed last dr., visit but he  knows he is getting closer and still not be able do things he used to do...like not being in sun   very long to avoid sunburn /infection from it, or heavy lifting ,etc.

Yes, the walking is helping me but we had bad humidity yesterday and after walking in it....it wiped me out...was unable to sleep more than a couple of hours last night...and no walking today even though it was cooler...just couldn't do it!

I hope your doing better now.🤗😊..are you still getting those shot still?

The more we try to keep active it helps...for me anyway most of the time..lol!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

A few weeks ago I sent my resume out to a few school districts offering my services as an independent contractor.  This week I had interviews with the district I worked for prior to my current job.  I lost that position b/c I was a part time contractor and the district decided to hire a new grad as a full time district emploee.  The director at the time did not even ask me if I would consider working full time which I would have.  There is a new director and she is very interested in hiring me as a district employee something I have wanted for awhile now but have always been turned down in favor a SLP with less expeience since I would have been at the top of the pay scale.  I pointed that out to the director during my interview and she said that would not be a problem as they need someone with my experience to do this job (which is the same job I currently doing).  Finally someone recognizes my exprerience and values it.  I have to complete the district application and if that goes well I think I may have a new job. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

super busy day for me, grocery day, see all later.

Esteemed Contributor

ninjawife - I do hope everything works out well for you and you get that new job. You deserve it and hope you have years of happiness in that job.  Teaching is a hard job, I know, my daughter is a professor at the college in our town, and super busy.

vivia - don't work too hard!  Take care!

Honored Contributor

hello all

Ninja, hope all goes well with the new job interview.

not much today, sunny and very breezy. smoke haze still around but nothing like it has been for the past few days. did hang out have to go back to walmart and get me a couple pair of new earrings i wear nickle free hoops in both piercings over time the earrings clasps break or don't clasp well any longer.

got an emergency call from DD,have to sit grandson this afternoon due to conflict of work schedule for mom/dad. dh went to pick up grandson.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today. sunny and very comfortable. air quality is actually human again. we had RAIN last night. it came down in spurts but it was rain at this point we will take anything.

ok guys later.