Super Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

DH is out on his motorcycle so here I sit with my laptop doing not much of anything.  I have promised myself to clean the top of my dresser and go through and purge at least one drawer today.  For me, that will be it and later sit and try to finish a book i've been reading for a couple of weeks now before having to make dinner.

Have a good day all!

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much at my end today

got very warm more humid air is on house closed up.

did normal chores this morn,did morn walk, not much else.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gloriajean 

I am very sorry to read of Ollie's passing, and the pain your family is experiencing right now.  

In the last 10 years we have lost 3 dogs and  3 chinchillas; all were very special to us and left us heartbroken. 

The one thing I noticed as each pet declined, is how peaceful they were at the end, and what that has meant for us afterwards.  Our last dog passed in March, with his paw on my husbands hand.  The dog before him wouldn't get in the car to go to the vet until he walked to the edge of the yard, and took his last look.  We have a picture of him and our daughter sitting together for that minute here, and while my mind remembers that moment as sad, my heart feels peace knowing our boy was telling us he was ready.  

We talk about our pets often and feel blessed to have had them in our lives.   We do miss them, and feel each one told us in their own way that it was time to let them go.  For us, there is peace knowing we did let go when they were ready.   I pray your family feels that peace.   

Honored Contributor

hello all

really not much here today

did get chores accomplished early today so was out for walk before 11am

not to much else.later guys

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for your responses and love.

You all may feel this is way too soon, but Lori's friend found a Mineature Snauzer, a white female, 3 months old and ready to go, so Lori has her here with us now until she gets her place all cleaned up. I went with her to pick her up. She named her Ella. I will potty train her, please do wish me luck!! Lori still grieves Ollie, but feels Ella will help the broken heart. She is so cuddly!

Respected Contributor

@gloriajean and Lori, May your precious memories of Ollie live in your hearts forever. Now you can care lovingly for Ella. She must be a sweet little puppy. 💕
Respected Contributor

Hope you are having a good day, peaceful & enjoying a pretty nice near end of summer day. We've had so much going on here, house maintenance projects, etc. So today I'll just sit back with some coffee for a bit & then decide what to do next, if anything! This picture definitely reasonates with me!

I hope that those who are dealing with health issues are doing as best as possible. Take care ❤️

FB_IMG_1661047367923.jpg

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

been busy hopping and bopping trying to get things accomplished here today.

outside temps are super sticky ultra humid today did sheets today, barely got them dried outside, did remainder of laundry in dryer on energy saver, we have zero to maybe 1mph wind storm today LOL

ok guys later

Respected Contributor

I woke up with Covid symptoms yesterday morning.  I took a test and I am negative but the CDC recommends if you have symptoms you should isolate and test again (but did not give a time frame).  So I have spent yesterday and today lying on the couch watching TV and reading.  Not going to work tomorrow and will test again.

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife, Hope you continue to test negative & feel better soon. Thank you for being so responsible by taking care of yourself. Take care!