Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Well, have had my shower and washed my hair.  Feel good now.

Thinking it is getting on to being supper time.  Not sure yet what I want.  May fix some bacon, eggs sunny side up, toast, and V8 juice.  

What are you all fixing????

Will be watching my island and beach front home shows on HG tonight....my usual Sunday evening entertainment.

Hope everyone has a good one.

Respected Contributor

hi showme, I made roasted chicken,home made dressing and Brussels sprouts..I love HGTV on Sunday nights too..I will be watching once the lil ones are asleep....grandma tired!

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year's Eve!

I have to head out to market again this morning because grandson will be spending a few days with us starting tomorrow, so I need to get his food faves.

We will eat out late this afternoon with DS, DDIL, and grandchildren at a favorite restaurant featuring Persian, Turkish, Middle Eastern, etc. type food.  We don't eat out very much but this restaurant is a favorite, clean, and delicious.  They will come back here for a while and then head home.

DH and I will marathon something on Netflix later; interested in "Roma".  Will also flip to Twilight Zone episodes on regular TV.

We will also watch the downtown festivities on TV before midnight if DH stays awake long enough.  LOL

Next week a loved one is having major surgery and I am going to be busy with that, so if anybody is willing to offer good thoughts I truly appreciate it.  I normally take things in stride but this situation has me concerned.  Can't believe I'm sharing so much!

Have a safe evening; and @ShowMe I truly hope the new year brings better health to you and thank you for a nice thread.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3  the shrine at Lourdes (online)might bring you some comfort. I will say a wee prayer for all of you

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Cakers3  the shrine at Lourdes (online)might bring you some comfort. I will say a wee prayer for all of you

@cherry  Thank you so much, cherry.   You are a good friend here.  I'm having some anxiety; this is not a guaranteed procedure and I have to turn it over to Him but boy it's hard.

Honored Contributor

Trust Providence my friend. It will either shield you ,or protect you, or both @Cakers3

Honored Contributor

Heading out and hoping traffic isn't too bad but I do take the back road to market.

Have a good day everyone!  Be well, be safe.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3.......first, want you to know I will be saying a special prayer for your loved one.  Also will be saying a prayer for those that will be taking care during and after surgery.  Glad that you shared this with us.  Will be here for you.  And, please keep us updated....

Enjoy your family this evening.  Dinner sounds like it will be delightful.  And have fun with your grandson.  

Thanks for your dear message to me.  2019 has to be better for me than 2018 has been.  It has been tough, but I'm hanging in there.

Yes, I'm really enjoying this thread.  Let's see how long we can keep it going.   

Wishing the best for you and yours in 2019.  

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

hi showme, I made roasted chicken,home made dressing and Brussels sprouts..I love HGTV on Sunday nights too..I will be watching once the lil ones are asleep....grandma tired!

@fourpaws56......dinner sounds delicious.  Am thawing out 2 chicken breasts to fix tomorrow.  My neighbor across the drive-thru gave me a new smaller roasting pan like the larger one I have.  This new one is just the perfect size, and will be baking the breasts with potatoes and onions.  That is one of my most favorite meals I make.  Will have enough for left overs.

Watched the whole evening on HG.  Really didn't see any of the houses I would want.  Wasn't their best Sunday evening I have seen.  Too many WOWS and acting.  

Am sure you were tired....with all that you do in a day.  

Honored Contributor

Well, here we are at New Year's Eve.  And I am happy for that.  Get rid of 2018.......

Not having much to do today....again.....  It is not a pretty day here....cloudy and raining off and on.  Heard it hitting the kitchen exhaust fan....  Not a lot of traffic out there either.  Supposed to have snow one day next week.  

Waiting for the owner here to come by and get my rent check.  Just called them to see when they would be by.  He will be by tomorrow morning around 10:00....he wants to see Jeanne, also.  So, that will kill 2 birds with one stone.  He told me he is working tomorrow because he is finishing up things before he leaves for Florida on 1/2.  He goes down there every year for about 5 months.....  His son will be in charge.....don't really care for the son at all.  

He and I talked about what all they are doing in fixing up the vacated units here.  Sounds quite nice.  Told me they spent about $23,000 fixing up the one across the hall from my friend.  I asked him what kind of rent he is getting for the fixed up units.....  It is $105/mo. more than what I am paying.

Ok, have a few things I want to get done now, so will be back later.  Have a good day one and all.