Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@ShowMe...thank you for the update. 

Many years ago, when my son was 5 years old, I got a cancer diagnosis. My daughter was in Junior High. My first thought was what will happen to my children? Well, things worked out and I got to see both of them grow up. I was given some bad news along the way but I rallied and I pray that you do too. Sometimes, these tests only show part of the story and we often can defy the odds. I feel in my heart you will get through this and you will beat whatever comes your way.

I will continue to pray for you....

Esteemed Contributor

My son likes to go to thrift stores so I tag along. I spent alot yesterday here and also spend at the thrift but they have inexpenive prices so I got a lot. Then we were hungry and brought h ome hamburgers -french fries and iced tea. I later went for my usual walk. I am now watering some of the back yard. We also went up to Vons who had a good sale on.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 

I also love to go to thrift stores....my best buy recently was a" hurry cane" for $10.00  the Q recently had it as a special of the day for $40 plus change!!!

I love this cane when i need to use one.Heart

Whenever. i am asked to go shopping   with my daughter...we head for the out of town thrift stores   as none in our small town...then have lunch and time for me to come back home...lol!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@ShowMe 

Image result for thoughts and prayers gif

@Cakers3.....thanks dear....this means a lot to me.  This is a longer journey now than I anticipated....but will make it through it.....and prayers will help.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

@ShowMe  You have been on such a long journey and it is continuing.I am so sorry the results are not what you and everyone hoped for.I will continue to pray for you dear lady.We all care so much for you and pray the doctors can keep you pain free.Now the waiting still goes on,but know all these wonderful posters here are with you.Whenever you need us ,we are here.

@hellie jo......And yes, the journey continues.  I too was so sorry when Dr. G gave me the news.  Know that all of you are still behind me and continuing with your prayers.  I thank God every day that I have such a good doctor that is taking care of me, and yes thank him for all of you.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Dear ShowMe,

Of course I am relieved to know your back is closing up and the melanoma is inactive.  As for the area of your lung that is now of concern, I and your friends will continue praying for you as your doctor(s) lead you to the best treatment.  Hang in there, sweetie!

Is there a teaching medical/dental school in St. Louis?  There must be.  Why do I ask?  I am thinking that you might seek some help for your teeth from a dental school.  They might have a sliding fee or no fee at all to help you get a working set of teeth.  If your nutrition is suffering because of your inability to chew with ease, you let these people know and see what they can do for you.

You have so much going on now, though, but when you feel like it, please look into some assistance with getting you teeth taken care of.

Take care, dear lady.   

@golding76.....thanks sweetie.....know you will all be behind me and will continue with your prayers.  

Yes, I do know we have 2 excellent Medical Schools here, and I do know that one is for dental students.  They are known for assisting many people who can't afford going to a dentist.  In fact, I told Debbie across the hall about it because she really needs a lot of dental work too.  Don't know if she checked into it yet.

But for now, I don't think I could go through as much that would be involved in getting some teeth for me.  There will have to be some oral surgery involved.  In the meantime, I will have to continue gumming it.  

I am just glad that yesterday is behind me.....it was exhausting.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Hey guys! If the cops call you and ask about me,you have no idea where I am.You did not know I was "out" and what ever I did,it was the dogs fault.

@hellie jo.....hey lady, yesterday afternoon I had a call from the Crestwood Police alerting us about breakins, etc. in their community and neighboring communities.....  The first thing that came to mind was.....oh my gosh, what is Hellie up to......lol

Glad you are having fun......

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@hellie jo,

If asked, my excuse will be that “it wasn’t my day to watch her!”

@ShowMe,

Am pleased with your good news, and sorry to hear about this new spot on your lung.   Please stay upbeat and positive until you know exactly what you are dealing with, and know you are not walking this journey alone!  

@RedTop.....you are so funny sometimes.  Hellie is having so much fun with this.

Yep, it was good news and bad news.  I am trying very hard to stay upbeat and positive.....and I know that many of you are going on this journey with me.  Have been very blessed having so many of you being here for me.  As I've said the waiting is what is so difficult.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

Show me, it was a 50-50 diagnosis . Please keep positive, know we , all of us are with you each step you take in this journey you are on.

been a busy evening. DH put together a box for me I needed for my kitchen towels I little box.this box sits on top of my dishwasher (it is not a built in dishwasher). Anyway, finally got the box finished and I put all the towels into my new box.

not much more this evening. See all in the morn.

@viva923.....thanks dear....  I know you have been here with me, and know all of you will continue to be with me.  It does help to ease the unknown.

Now about the TP situation.  That was awful.  TP is so expensive now.  I use the 4 rolls in 1....and would hate for that to happen to me.  Store much of it under the sink, and hope and pray for no leaks.....

Have a good day.....get your walks in, and get that laundry done......

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ShowMe...thank you for the update. 

Many years ago, when my son was 5 years old, I got a cancer diagnosis. My daughter was in Junior High. My first thought was what will happen to my children? Well, things worked out and I got to see both of them grow up. I was given some bad news along the way but I rallied and I pray that you do too. Sometimes, these tests only show part of the story and we often can defy the odds. I feel in my heart you will get through this and you will beat whatever comes your way.

I will continue to pray for you....

@Trinity11......yes, you have had a long journey too.  You have been very strong.....  Hope I can stay as strong as you have been. 

Thanks so much for your words here.....and thanks for continuing to pray for me.  This does make the journey a little easier.