Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RedTop   Regarding blood pressure, my normal was in the low 120/70 or so.  The past month, it has dropped to 104 to the teens with good diastolic numbers. This has never happened before. I havn't felt myself for a while, and so saw my PC who thinks the numbers are great, I agreed, but it is not my normal. It seems there should be a reason.  PC said sometimes this happens to older people

Do you have any idea why this has happened?  I have tried to research, but no direct answers for this.

Not to intrude but it happens often to me when I am dehydrated. I have Type 1 diabetes and a high blood sugar can cause it. But even healthy people with the summer heat can become dehydrated. Try looking at your fluid intake @mousiegirl . Hope you feel better soon!💐

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

did morn walk

dh has to bring car back to dealership for oil change today

the oil change WAS NOT done on the 7th. just incidentals were done but no oil change going back for 2pm appt today

not much else. later guys.

Honored Contributor

We went to the town hall and voted this morning. I did a half hour of lawn mowing. DH will cut the big areas later today. I'm still having knee pain, so I'm not going to take a walk today. 

I might work on a puzzle. Supper will be grilled chicken, fresh sweet corn and homemade mashed potatoes. I don't have any dessert to serve, but DH could have popcorn when the Milwaukee Brewers play tonight.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I am feeling sort of grumpy today. I just wish I could have a six month period without any doctors appointments or some type of procedure. I had a phone appointment with my doctor today, to go over some test results, and I mentioned to him that I am falling apart, and he said no. Just the older we get and I am not even that old, IMO  more things start needing to be checked or fixed.

In September I have a cyst in my thyroid that needs to be biopsied. My Endocrinolgist told me not to worry about it, but it still needs to be done.

I was having pain in my breast, turns out the diagnosis is simple and very common in over 50% of woman.  It's called Mastodynia. Well to get to that diagnosis I had to have a mammogram, not a big deal it was time for my annual one anyway (normal). An ultrasound of my armpit, which was normal, an x-ray of my lungs which was normal, and finally a CT of my chest. 

Well the CT exam, showed scattered small scar tissue in my lungs, so my doctor wants me to do a pulmonary test for my lung function, and they found a singular 6mm nodule in my left lung. No pathology is noted, and since I am a non smoker, and have never smoked, the protocol is to recheck in one year. My doctor is conservative and thorough and will be ordering another CT in six months. 

Lastly, I have Gerd, but it's been worse lately. My doctor has switched my medication, which I will be starting tomorrow, but he wants to order an Endoscopy to check out my stomach. 

On one hand I am grateful that I have medical insurance and that these types of things, can be checked and God willing resolved. However,  I am so tired of worrying about medical procedures. I just want a break and some darn peace and tranquility. 

Thank you for allowing me to rant. :-)

I can relate...my husband has been going thru this and each time it is something else...I become worried and upset. Wishing you well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

hey all

not to much today

did get morn walk in

no hang out today have a doc check at 1pm and didn't want clothes waiting for me when i got home

not much else later guys

Respected Contributor

I finally got my genicular knee block injection this morning. I have been waiting for a month to get this scheduled! It was more painful than other injections I've had. But if I get relief from it I'll be happy.

We are having rain and humidity today. I baked brownies and chopped up veggies & food for chef salads later.

May watch some TV or read later. A nap may be in order ... had to be at the hospital at 6:30 a.m. this morning. Have a nice day everyone!
Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day for me, had to get into shed and clean so much junk out to get to 2 items i needed- got what i needed and of course putting things back is not as easy as looks-finally got things back

got both walks in

not much else. later guys

Honored Contributor

Routine medical appt for me today at the new office location.  Parking lot was mostly empty and very few appts in my time frame, altho there were 3 WILD children in the waiting room who were beyond annoying.  The one wearing a mask walks over to me and boldly says "I have Covid!", and my response was to point to the chair she'd been sitting in and say "then you need to go sit down and stay there!"   I just shook my head at the lack of parenting I saw today.  

Made a quick run thru IGA for essentials, came home, put things away, changed clothes, made hamburgers for supper, and am now settled in my recliner to cool down.   I don't expect to be productive the rest of the day!

Honored Contributor

@RedTop I really do like kids, but some can be monsters, and I blame poor parenting. Today we had lunch at A&W, and a mom came out of the restroom with two little ones who proceeded to loudly tell their dad what had transpired. The mom told me she was so sorry. I could tell they were good parents so I laughed and said kids will be kids. My DH said he couldn't imagine that happening to me. I said that's why the kids were told to quietly say the word potty in public. 

Respected Contributor

@icezeus 

Sorry you have all that piling up on you.  Sometimes I feel like if it's not one thing, it's two!  I hope you are feeling more in control of *you* going forward.  Have a good weekend.