Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

The principal held a brief mandatory meeting this morning to announce she is stepping down.  She said she wants to work in her home district and not in administration so she can attend to her son's medical needs.  I respect her for doing what is right for her family and what is right for the position she currently holds as she does not appear to be able to handle her personal life with her current professional responsibilities.  I do wonder if this was her sole decision or if higher ups discussed her performance and a mutual decision was made for her to step down.  

This may or may not change my decision to leave.  I had an interview with another school district to work as an independent contractor.  I am in the process of meeting with that district's administration to discuss possible offers.  I do have to keep in mind that the lead SLP did not back me up in my dealings with the principal and that there will be many changes in my current district's preschool program next year that I may not want to deal with.  

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife I had a feeling the principal would be gone before the next school year. You can't treat good employees poorly and not have it be noticed. While her son's health may be a factor, I strongly think it wasn't the only reason for her stepping down. Now she can focus on what matters and the school can get back on track. Best wishes on whatever you decide to do regarding your career. 

Respected Contributor

I played hooky from work today and went to an early morning appointment for a mammogram. I decided it would be a nice day to stay home with hubby.

He went into the bedroom and I fell out watching my soaps on the couch. 😝 So much for that!

Enjoy the weekend!

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes you have to walk in a strangers shoes to appreciate your own. I say that, because I have caught up with the readings for the past week, and all that I can say is prayers and blessings for you all. Some of you are dealing with serious medical issues for yourself, loved ones or both. 

This thing called life has many twists and turns. It makes me even more appreciative and thankful for my own relatively good health, family, friends, job, and shelter.

Well I am taking off to hit the grocery store. I was trying to decide which one did  I feel like shopping at today, and the winner is Winco. I will return home, put away my groceries and probably do some laundry. Tomorrow, is a slow day as well. Service in the morning, and that will be it. 

Everyone, enjoy your weekend. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

went to granddaugh graduation today. i bet there were at least 1000 people there if not more.

there were no speeches but 411 names called that took a LONG LONG LONG time 2 hours worth. those bleachers get might hard after awhile.

did not go to dd house after graduation we just beat feet home. they had every cop known directing traffic, we just followed the long line of cars and finally got out to main highway home.  at least it was comfortable today heat and humidity was a whole lot lower than yesterday.

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

@viva923, Congratulations on your granddaughter's graduation! 🎓🌹🌺🏵️🌻
Honored Contributor

Hello to all who post and read.❤️

@icezeus  you have a compassionate heart. I thank you.💐

June is a mix of happiness and sadness for me. Trying to keep things in perspective.

Tentative plans being made to dine out in celebration of GS's graduation, father's day, and a birthday all together. Even  mother's day since we could not be together. There are also 2 deaths in remembrance this month for me but those are private.

No plans for today and that is fine. 

Sending good thoughts to all.

Be well.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

hello all

really not much today

DD is hosting a small party for granddaughter tonight. we don't have to cook HOORAY.

sunny but breezy with wind off ocean.

did hang out today.

not much else.

did walks, ok later guys

Honored Contributor

@viva923, I hope you and DH have a nice time at the dinner party for the graduate. This is such an exciting time for her and I wish her all the best.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello everyone, I haven't been here for awhile, I do come and read sometimes.

I've been doing a lot lately working like I used to before my fall, but then I suffer when I overdue, that hip seems better, but my left leg hurt then, alot.  So I just need to remember I'm not that young anymore, and not overdue. I was pushing myself to get more done.  Even cleaning under the sink, with mop, it needed it, but too much in one morning.  I learn.

Aug. 24th will be a year since I fell and broke my left hip.  I've improved at alot and not doing PT anymore.  

So nice to have summer here in MN, but it's in the upper 80's and low 90's here now. We skipped spring and went right into the hot summer!