Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

Started my prepping for Colonoscopy Friday morning 

Esteemed Contributor

Cleaning horse stalls after 10" of snow.

Honored Contributor

The last 3 days my kitchen has been a mess - Cupboards/drawers are being repainted.  Frames stay in place and is sanded 2x and primed 2x and then painted.  

The doors and drawer fronts are taken back to the work shop to be prepped and painted.  Lots of sanding and priming...but the mess is not bad as far as me having to clean up after them every day.

Of course the kitchen will get a big clean after they are done.

They are also putting on new self close hinges, ours were 40 years old and beginning to break down and the same style is no longer available.

Today, dh and I are heading to the 'city' for a meeting with our financial people (ugh -market has been up and down!) but on the bright side  I am doing a little shopping and we will have a nice lunch.

Have a good day everyone

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

very cloudy and had a quick spit of rain earlier.

nurse lady came and checked out foot all was ok with that.

then i went a very shortened walk after nurse ladyleft this morn.

not much else,later guys

Respected Contributor

DH plays drums in a blues band.  Tonight his band is the house band at a blues jam at an Italian restaurant.  I may tag along and have some dinner there. 

Honored Contributor

Laundry, cleaning out the fridge, rounding up catalogs for trash day, restocking shelves in the pantry, and checking freezer inventory.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

The last 3 days my kitchen has been a mess - Cupboards/drawers are being repainted.  Frames stay in place and is sanded 2x and primed 2x and then painted.  

The doors and drawer fronts are taken back to the work shop to be prepped and painted.  Lots of sanding and priming...but the mess is not bad as far as me having to clean up after them every day.

Of course the kitchen will get a big clean after they are done.

They are also putting on new self close hinges, ours were 40 years old and beginning to break down and the same style is no longer available.

Today, dh and I are heading to the 'city' for a meeting with our financial people (ugh -market has been up and down!) but on the bright side  I am doing a little shopping and we will have a nice lunch.

Have a good day everyone

I plan on doing same thing next year. 

Honored Contributor

Have been dealing with vertigo, so have done very little.

I see it is snowing out now, will be the wet and heavy snow. They forecast 1-3", I sure hope it isn't any more then that.

With the big game on Sun. and Valentine's on Tues. I'm sure the stores will be busy. No partying or celebrations for me.

Sending good thoughts to @hellie jo and @Cakers3

Esteemed Contributor

Hi all, 61 years ago tonight I met my husband at a dance!! 

We married 1 year and a half later, he's a wonderful husband, and just has had such health problems in the last few years, open heart surgery, pacemaker put in, hernea surgery, and now he has prostate problems, surgery is in a few weeks!  We pray for him to get well again!  With all the exercises I'm doing with my physical therapist, I seem to be getting better with walking etc. Today I think I ovedid it a bit in cleaning the kitchen, my hip started hurting, so I will take it easy. We're having steak tonight on the grill!  He is a grill master!

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak, wishing you a smooth procedure tomorrow with a perfect, clean report.

@gloriajean, that is a sweet story about meeting your husband & so close to ❤️Day! Keep up with your exercises and being such a good caretaker to your husband. Enjoy your steak dinner!

To @hellie jo and @Cakers3, thinking good wishes for you and yours.

@RetRN, I know of vertigo & feel sorry that you are dealing with that. We escaped the snow here, just lots of rain.

To everyone here, have a restful evening.